PDA

View Full Version : Difference between three models?

DVS
01-17-2006, 05:58 PM
Hey everyone I'm looking into getting a Predator this year and saw that there were three models. Regular 500, TLD and CC. So what are the major differences between the three?

XCpred
01-17-2006, 06:17 PM
The std is a regular pred. The TLD has Fox podium X shocks, maxxis radial tires, a differant tranny and Troy Lee graphics. The XC model has an alum. bumper and grab bar, razr 2 tires, pp slip on,TLD tranny, and Matt Smiley graphics.

wolffie
01-17-2006, 07:05 PM
all three are really good choices. it depends on what accesories you want to add. if you plan on putting on a bumper, pipe, etc. you might be better off with the XC or TLD. i got the 05 TLD and i LOVE the suspension. those fox shocks are amazing. regardless if owned one or not, i would still get the TLD. Why? even though the XC has other nice accsories, none of their values add up to the cost of high quality suspension. you always slap a pipe and tires on later! hope this helps man!

DVS
01-18-2006, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by XCpred
The std is a regular pred. The TLD has Fox podium X shocks, maxxis radial tires, a differant tranny and Troy Lee graphics. The XC model has an alum. bumper and grab bar, razr 2 tires, pp slip on,TLD tranny, and Matt Smiley graphics.

I just went to the Porlaris site and didn't see the XC. Is it still available for 2006. Which model came with black plastics? I seen one at the dealer last weekend but forgot to ask which one it was. Looks like I'll stick to the TLD though.

XCpred
01-18-2006, 11:37 AM
The black one is the XC and the polaris site has never had any info on it.

DVS
01-18-2006, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by DVS
I just went to the Porlaris site and didn't see the XC. Is it still available for 2006. Which model came with black plastics? I seen one at the dealer last weekend but forgot to ask which one it was. Looks like I'll stick to the TLD though.
Thanks. The shop I went to had all three there.

scramblerracer
01-18-2006, 06:23 PM
Does the 06 Xc model have a different rear shock? I noticed that the XC has a piggyback rear shock, do all 06 have a piggyback rear shock? My 05 has a remote res and I have blown the hose 2 times now, might be a good upgrade for me. Thanks

XCpred
01-18-2006, 06:25 PM
Are you sure the Xc has a piggy back rezzie? I have never seen one with a shock like that.

DVS
01-19-2006, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by DVS
Thanks. The shop I went to had all three there.
I'm not sure about the back shock but I noticed that the front shocks on the XC and TLD look similar. Didn't have time to really check it out though.

scramblerracer
01-19-2006, 04:05 PM
The 2 XC Matt Smiley replica predators, that my dealer got in both have a Podium X rear with a piggyback ressy. They don't have any other 06 models right now so I couldn't check them. Thanks

atenciole
01-20-2006, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by wolffie
all three are really good choices. it depends on what accesories you want to add. if you plan on putting on a bumper, pipe, etc. you might be better off with the XC or TLD. i got the 05 TLD and i LOVE the suspension. those fox shocks are amazing. regardless if owned one or not, i would still get the TLD. Why? even though the XC has other nice accsories, none of their values add up to the cost of high quality suspension. you always slap a pipe and tires on later! hope this helps man!

They have the same shocks.

XCpred
01-20-2006, 11:45 AM
Thats what I thought.

wolffie
01-20-2006, 12:58 PM
i thought theXC didnt have the fox shocks. my bad. thanks for correcting me!

DVS
01-20-2006, 04:32 PM
So the only difference between the TLD and XC is the bumper, grab bar, tires and color/graphics? I like the black that's why I'm leaning more towards the XC.

XCpred
01-20-2006, 06:23 PM
Pretty much, but it has a slip on too.

scramblerracer
01-21-2006, 07:04 AM
Anyone have an 06 yet, I am curious about the reg model and TLD if the have a piggyback rear shock. Thanks

XCpred
01-21-2006, 11:46 AM
I am pretty sure the XC has a remote res rear shock and the other two do for sure.

wolffie
01-21-2006, 01:28 PM
www.predatorowners.com

this site will help you out on every predator question you might have!

jumptruck
01-21-2006, 03:20 PM
so the xc is the same as the 05 le thats what i have it has the rezzie shocks front and back the pp slip on the alum grab bar and bumber and the standard tranny not the tld tranny just diff plastic?

XCpred
01-21-2006, 06:38 PM
I think it has the tld tranny.

scramblerracer
01-24-2006, 04:43 PM
Ok guys I stopped by the dealership again today to see if they had an outlaw( which they didn't) and I looked at the 06 predators. The 2006 TLD and XC both have a podium x rear shock with a Piggyback ressivoir. They have sold out again of the 06 reg model, so I am still curious if the reg model has a remote rear rezzy or a piggyback rezzy. Thanks Josh

wolffie
01-24-2006, 06:49 PM
mabey check www.polarisindustries.com
do they have any info on there about it? i would imagine it would just be a piggy back because then there wouldnt be as much of a reason to get the TLD or XC:confused: ? i dont know, just throwin out ideas! thanks!

jumptruck
01-24-2006, 07:01 PM
if you go to gattocycle.com click on show room then all vech then polaris atv you can see the model and specs for the xc which they call the cross country le

atenciole
01-25-2006, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by scramblerracer
Ok guys I stopped by the dealership again today to see if they had an outlaw( which they didn't) and I looked at the 06 predators. The 2006 TLD and XC both have a podium x rear shock with a Piggyback ressivoir. They have sold out again of the 06 reg model, so I am still curious if the reg model has a remote rear rezzy or a piggyback rezzy. Thanks Josh

According to partsland.com http://parts.polarisind.com/Assemblies.asp

They all have the same rear shock.

I have an '06 xc and I love it. My only gripe is the difference between fourth and fifth gear. It is quite a jump.

The xc packade is worth it. Razr2's Fox Podium x's Pure Polaris slip on. Front and rear bumpers, Along with the useual Predator upgrades, steel braded breaklines durablue axel with lifetime guarantee.

I also have a YFZ and like it too. They both have their purposes.