PDA

View Full Version : Rear shock problem

300ex_#387
01-17-2006, 03:57 PM
Alright well I just got my 01 raptor rear shock dialed in on my 300ex, so I took took it out on the road. I was just riding down the road then my back end sunk. I stopped and my rear shock completely came apart. The shaft that screws into the bottom mount came loose and the spring and all the washer and spacers came out. I have all of these parts now. I just wanted to know what caused this, and do you think it will ned revalved or anything? Does anyone know what order all the spacers and washers go in? thanks...

big_saxy
01-17-2006, 06:20 PM
Same thing happened to me only it was on the trailer ride home from riding. I released the straps on the back and the rear end didn't pop up like it usually does, so i was like wtf! Anyways, the threads had pulled completely out of the bottem collar, so i just used a tap and die set, got all the threads back how they were suppose to be and put some locktite on the threads and it's been fine since.

300ex_#387
01-17-2006, 06:28 PM
Alright....shoudl i be able to move that shaft in and out of the body with my hand, or should there be more pressure than that?

big_saxy
01-17-2006, 06:31 PM
Yeah, i could push mine in and out just fine. If i pushed mine all the way in, it would slowly push itself out.

300ex_#387
01-17-2006, 06:40 PM
That's exactly what I wanted to hear. lol...thanks for the help. Do you know what order all the little plastic washers and stuff goes in though?