PDA

View Full Version : Need HELP with a 450r Rebuild!!

USAF Dirtboy
01-17-2006, 03:50 PM
Ok here is the situation...instead of taking my quad to the dealer(which in my opinion...they are incompetent and lazy), I am gonna TRY and put a JE 13.8:1 HC piston and Sparks aggressive cam in myself. I have some experience with engines b4, but only with 2 stroke sled engines. I need a step by step instruction guide from those who have done this before, and those who are much wiser ;) . A website can be usefull also. I need torque specs and "special" ways of ripping an engine apart. I would buy a Clymer, but they dont make one yet for a 450r. Any "engine builders" please help, It will just be me, my buddy, and a 12 pack on this project:D. Also what fuel do i use and what are the "proper" break in things i need to know...thanks in advance!

450rrider69
01-17-2006, 04:19 PM
do u have aim or anything so i can im u

450rrider69
01-17-2006, 04:23 PM
http://www.rockinhorseweb.com/
click on the how to guides for trx and the piston and cam will be right there.

yamablaster24
01-17-2006, 06:26 PM
If it helps, its not much more difficult then a 2-stroke, just factor in the cam shafts that you have to remove, timing chain, and once you remove all that you got your piston and everything. Valves and springs and all that stay with the head, only thing different is removing the cam and timing chain and when putting it back to get it timed on perfectly.

USAF Dirtboy
01-17-2006, 06:54 PM
hey guys...thanks for all the feedback...I really appreciate it. And that website is GREAT>:D