View Full Version : Interview: John Natalie Jr - Honda Factory ATV MX Racer

Admin
01-17-2006, 08:53 AM
John Natalie Jr. started his ATV racing career over 15 years, and he has raced a wide assortment of ATVs over the years ranging from the Banshee, 250R, Cannondale, KFX400, and various hybrid machines, but in 2003 with release of the all new Yamaha YFZ450 also came an all new John Natalie Jr. as quickly found himself in the spotlight. In only his second race on the YFZ450, he took his first two wins of season in both the Pro and Pro Production Class at Southwick to finish out 2003, and he has been virtually unstoppable ever since and winning numerous races and championships along the way. In just the past two years, John Natalie Jr, has been crowned the Champion in the following major ATV events: ATVA MX Nationals, Pro Quad Stadium Series, ATV Winter Olympics, 12 Hours of ATV America, Great Outdoor Games, and the Dirt Riot.

With such an impressive track record the past two years, we just had to find out what John Natalie Jr. had up his sleeve for 2006, so we gave him a call and here is some of the exciting news that he shared with us.

Click Here to Read the Interview (http://www.atvriders.com/interviews/johnnatalie2006.html)

chad502ex
01-17-2006, 10:04 AM
Great job, Harlen.

nowukno
01-17-2006, 10:12 AM
Good job , nice interview. Can't wait to see if the new suzuki 450 has anything for natalie.

KOG
01-17-2006, 10:37 AM
natalie he is a good rider i still like gust the best but he is deff moving up in the atv world

JRP
01-17-2006, 01:25 PM
awsome article.. its weird seeing him riding with an HMF pipe.. never seen a pro ride that exhaust.

GNCC116
01-17-2006, 03:26 PM
Anyone notice that he is running an '06 with a kickstarter? Wonder how long before everyone else can get one........

dshfearh
01-17-2006, 03:37 PM
who says its an 06?

hsr
01-17-2006, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by dshfearh
who says its an 06?

I do...oil sight glass located under oil filter cover. ;)

walker054
01-17-2006, 03:56 PM
do you think he will use the #1 plate on his race quad's or the #13 he ran last year? Have not seen #1 used for a while.

TWISTED
01-17-2006, 05:09 PM
Anybody catch the dig on Turner??? Have to admit it was true...

hsr
01-17-2006, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by walker054
do you think he will use the #1 plate on his race quad's or the #13 he ran last year? Have not seen #1 used for a while.

I think it would be cool to see him run the no. 1 He earned it.

blasterkid
01-17-2006, 08:16 PM
hes so cocky... look at some of the stuff he says

"Plus, Paul Turner has started a little war with me in the Carpe Diem video, which has me more motivated than ever. When Doug Gust had Randy Lawson as his mechanic, Doug won almost every race, and then he switched to Paul Turner and hasn’t won a race since, so I am not real worried about Doug unless he gets Randy Lawson back as his mechanic."

this to me is so unprofessional. i dont feel you should ever directly attack another person like this publicly.

"Also, I already just started testing their new Track System Suspension and we already have them dialed in better than the Fox Shox I was running last season."

wow poor fox shocks. last year i thought john said they were pretty good. He shouldnt bring up the past only future.

great rider tons of tallent, just doesnt know how to represent himself or his sponsors courteously.

my two cents

generalg
01-17-2006, 08:20 PM
Good Interview... thanks

Thump_It
01-17-2006, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by blasterkid

"Plus, Paul Turner has started a little war with me in the Carpe Diem video, which has me more motivated than ever. When Doug Gust had Randy Lawson as his mechanic, Doug won almost every race, and then he switched to Paul Turner and hasn’t won a race since, so I am not real worried about Doug unless he gets Randy Lawson back as his mechanic."

this to me is so unprofessional. i dont feel you should ever directly attack another person like this publicly.

"Also, I already just started testing their new Track System Suspension and we already have them dialed in better than the Fox Shox I was running last season."

wow poor fox shocks. last year i thought john said they were pretty good. He shouldnt bring up the past only future.

great rider tons of tallent, just doesnt know how to represent himself or his sponsors courteously.

my two cents

He's a competitor, obviously Turner did something to piss him off and motivate hime even more. I'm sure there was something that Turner said publicaly as well. I say bad move on Turner Logistics wise. Natalie is an upfront guy, he's not going to beat around the bush.........

As for the shocks, he was in no way bad mouthing Fox, he was just saying that the NEW technology that Elka has revealed with their Track System is better. I don't see any harm in that.......

Way to go John....have fun with Number 1.

Bender
01-18-2006, 01:14 AM
I realize he is good as what he does, but he does sound like he has a bit of an ego after reading that interview, I like his "Rocky tehnique" or what ever he was comparing him self to, and his excuses about his GNCC race (which I think he did good at to begin with) and all that crap about Gust and Suzuki. Not really a humble guy. I'm sure if he suddenly got scooped up by Yamaha or whatever he'd talk smack about Honda too, Jmho.

TWISTED
01-18-2006, 04:39 AM
Whoever throws the most $$$$ is gonna be better to him I'm sure. But one thing about it, he's capable no matter what sponsors he has.

Jersey450R
01-18-2006, 05:24 AM
Think about this, if you were John Natalie and you had sponsors coming out the wazoo and tons of companies trying to pick you up as their rider, you would be cocky too. Think about it...its the same way with girls. Once you have a girlfriend, every girl wants you and when your down and out with no girls, seems as though you cant even get a look. The girlfriend just makes you that much more desireable...just as John Natalie is the most desireable racer right now. And on top of all this, he just got picked up as a factory Honda rider. If that was me, I would be the most cocky SOB in the World. Keep up the good work John and dont worry bout the haters :devil:

Premis
01-18-2006, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Thump_It
He's a competitor, obviously Turner did something to piss him off and motivate hime even more. I'm sure there was something that Turner said publicaly as well. I say bad move on Turner Logistics wise. Natalie is an upfront guy, he's not going to beat around the bush.........

The thing between Turner and Natalie is more of a friendly joke than anything. John is referring to the Florida scene in Carpe Diem 2 when Paul Turner is at hooters imitating John in the Tips and Tricks DVD, he is doing a bench press motion and saying "look at me, I'm John Natalie working out." Trust me, there is no "battle" going on between the two.

XCRACER26
01-18-2006, 07:03 PM
He does seem cocky, but who cares every one is at one time or another. good luck to him in 06.

dshfearh
01-18-2006, 07:08 PM
yeah like brad said (im guessing thats who premis is) im pretty sure its probably a joke kinda thing. that was pretty funny when paul turner was making fun of him.

MX#9
01-19-2006, 02:34 PM
When you can walk a mile in the guy's shoes then,and only then, will I pay any attention to the people that are ripping on him.

Just my 2 cents.

Yamahauler_04
01-20-2006, 01:16 PM
If you have ever run into Paul Turner, he is always giving someone a hard time. It's just John tossing some back his way.

Paul probably was in earshot when it was said.

2MuchChi450R
01-20-2006, 02:10 PM
After reading as few article written on Natalie, he's a real humble down to earth guy, I even got an autograph while he was down here in FL testing out his new suspension. Real easy guy to talk to. He said in one of his interviews that the new Elka's were easier to dial in than the Fox Floats, nothing bad said about the Fox's at all, just the new suspension was easier to setup. About him being a little cocky, how many races did he win last season, 7 out of 12? won the stadium championship, also competed in the 12 hours of atv america and won with Borich and Smiley? Not cocky, just confident wouldn't you say? Plus, he isn't slouching, competing in a few GNCC races during the off season, talk about training and dedication!

All I can say is it's going to be a good season this year! Good luck to everyone.

01-20-2006, 04:08 PM

my two cents

ADMIN EDITED: Comments like these are not needed, and will not be allowed, so consider it a warning.
THANKS

Hawk III
01-20-2006, 09:24 PM

my two cents

i see it another way..i think it's good that there is finally someone that isn't boring as the dirt...it spices things up...he owned it up last year and he knows it and he wants everyone to know it...LOL he makes me laugh!! :) what was so great when he decided to take out the suzuki crew (gust and jones) because they tried to take him out....and he told everyone what he did and why he did it...the sport needs some controversary that is all in fun and won't hurt anyone.... just my 2 cents :P