PDA

View Full Version : afco shocks

lon
01-16-2006, 10:24 PM
I bought afco shocks last year for my sons eton viper 90, that he uses for mx.They seem beter than the stock were, my question is how do they compare to the other popular brands?

400ex4ever
01-17-2006, 08:01 AM
I have honestly never heard of them so I cant tell you. All the people we race with either run Elka or Works...

quadrcr161
01-17-2006, 08:17 AM
AFCO is a nice shock, but its mainly used for circle track cars. we carried a lot of them at the race shop i worked at. they will prob feel better then the stockers but might not hold up compaired to some of the other brands designed for atv's. any pics of them?

lon
01-17-2006, 09:48 AM
no pictures i bought them from miniquadracing he said that they were made for minis my main concern is, will they hold up to the abuse of mx. They are blue with yellow springs

maggiesboy
01-17-2006, 09:54 AM
Afco shocks worked very good on my buddies sprint car and mini sprint.

For jumping, I dunno :confused:

quadrcr161
01-17-2006, 09:56 AM
blue and yellow is the afco colors, usually a blue shock body with yellow springs. they should be fine but i would keep an even on them, and watch how they hold up as he gets to pushing them a little harder. i know they were looking to expand into the atv market back in like 98, but didint think they ever did. i tried running a set of aluminum bodied coil overs on my TT 250r back when i was at the shop, but the shaft lenght was too long and didnt work well for TT but seemed to do ok for flat track.

EDIT, i looked at them and they look like theyw ould work fine. i know they can custom build and also rebuild the alum bodied shocks, which those look like they are. i just cant tell if it has any rebound/compressions adjustment. i know they had a compression adjustment at the top of the shock that was a small silver strange looking screw. also be sure to keep an eye on the bottom shock mount.