PDA

View Full Version : Help with computer settings

ZSK
01-16-2006, 06:51 PM
I'm running SP2 on windows xp and I'm trying to change the screen apperance. I want to invert the colors simply because I like the darker back ground. I tried the vaious themes and found the high constrast is what I'm looking for but, the internet windows are still the previous colors. Any suggestions? Also, many of the borders on various pages don't show up now. For example this page is all white except for text boxes and the grapichs at the top.

zeppelin
01-16-2006, 07:40 PM
got to:
start
control panel
display

it sounds like most of the stuff you want to change will be under apperence, but you should also know that the more you change the more ram you will eat up and the slower your comp will be

ZSK
01-16-2006, 07:42 PM
I've tried to change the setting through the control panel then display.

Ram isn't a problem on this computer.;)

omaits
01-16-2006, 07:51 PM
Im not really sure what you are looking for but here goes....

Right click on the desktop

Click the appearance tab on top

make changes there....

click teh advanced tab and you can make changes to the appearance of all your windows and menus.

click the effects tab for other effects (nothing really good there)

I'm kinda surpised that one guy isnt on here telling you to reformat your computer yet. That is his answer to everything. Also, chaning the font or color of a window will have no effect on ram usage. Only if you started using themes and junking up your desktop would that happen.

DaleJrFan
01-16-2006, 07:55 PM
my awnser to all computer problems is take a chainsaw and start cutting in the middle of the tower and work your way twords the monitor then turn twords key board. when done take mouse and tie to ceiling fan and turn fan on high, looks cool when mouse is spinning fast.

ZSK
01-16-2006, 08:00 PM
Tower and mouse? What the hell are you talking about?

BlazingYamahaYz
01-16-2006, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by DaleJrFan
my awnser to all computer problems is take a chainsaw and start cutting in the middle of the tower and work your way twords the monitor then turn twords key board. when done take mouse and tie to ceiling fan and turn fan on high, looks cool when mouse is spinning fast.

Watch out for that monitor, it might implode on you:eek2: