PDA

View Full Version : I smell..

rookiex
01-16-2006, 04:40 PM
I smell burning oil strong, Ill be sitting on the line for practice....An all of a sudden my 450 goes from a perfect idle to a dead shut down.BUT it will kick right over an act fine again.Few mins later same thing. But it runs fine when you get it going. I did notice when I would come into a turn a break to hard it would stall.There is gas plenty in it....An when I come off the track there is a strong smell of burned oil...What you guys think?

honduh440
01-16-2006, 04:56 PM
i had the same thing happen to me and it would also just die when it was at full throttle then one kick and start right up. i kind of just figured the rings were shot. so i took it in to get fixed and was told nothing was wrong at all so i had them throw in a 13.1 piston and cam anyways and havnt had a problem since. were all still confused to why the hell it did that.

p.s. the bike was only 5 months old when it started doin that

rookiex
01-16-2006, 05:50 PM
clutchs smell burned.....Ill get back to you all on my predicament.will crf450r clutch plates an fibers work in a trx450r? i got some please post me back im takin her apart tonight.But I honestly think its the clutchs.

honduh440 what you think?