PDA

View Full Version : Ooops!!!! :(

Sjorge450R
01-16-2006, 04:19 PM
Well I ordered all of my parts that i needed for my, or i thought so.
I forgot to order the cam chain tensioner gaseket and the sealing bolt washer. I was just wondering if it will be okay to make my own gasket out of gasket material for it?

Cody_300ex
01-16-2006, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
Well I ordered all of my parts that i needed for my, or i thought so.
I forgot to order the cam chain tensioner gaseket and the sealing bolt washer. I was just wondering if it will be okay to make my own gasket out of gasket material for it?

Probably not, but I would get one from you local honda dealer for a few bucks just to be safe.

Sjorge450R
01-16-2006, 04:43 PM
my dealer doesnt have anything in stock....lol they have to order everything

Honda TRX250ex
01-16-2006, 05:06 PM
there is this stuff that i used. its called lquid gasket and works great you can probly get it at your local shop or auto zone

Cody_300ex
01-16-2006, 05:19 PM
Rv sealant, or Hondabond. That would probably be ok, there is not a really heavy oil flow in that area.

Sjorge450R
01-16-2006, 05:46 PM
thats what i was thinking. I have some thin gasket material, i will probaly just make a gasket.

There is always one thing that you forget when doing stuff like this....lol

zeppelin
01-16-2006, 05:56 PM
if you get in a bind like this its alright to use cardboard meterial like they use in cerial boxes, ive doneit before with no porblems, it would be a good idea though to go ahead and order thereal gaskets so you can switch them out later if you do have a leak. but as long as you cut them just right and only use them in place of the paper gaskets (not the metal ones) you should have any problems at all.