PDA

View Full Version : what gearing with the sprockets i have?

kyleschonert
01-16-2006, 04:02 PM
what gearing should i run on my 300ex for the best all around ,low end, mid, and top. not really needed on top, more mid to low, but a tiny bit on top. I have 13/38, 14/38, 14/39, and 13/39. what should i use out of all of those. I am running 13/39 right now and was shifting a bunch and felt as if i had no power this last weekend. #rd was dogging it. So please, tell me what i should use. And my motor mods. are in my sig. thank you.

hardkoratvmxr
01-16-2006, 07:25 PM
dang kyle that seems like really low gearing. i run 14/36 everywhere i go. but wiht yours go to 13/38

SidewaysSam
01-18-2006, 11:15 AM
I ran 13/38 all last year. It worked great when i ran the 20" holeshots but when i pit the 18" tamers on everyone was beating me off the line. I could almost start out in 3rd gear. I put a 14 on for the arenaX races and there is a huge difference, as you've personally seen :) If I were you I'd try a 14 on front. one tooth dif in front = three tooth in back. Justin told me you were startin in 1st too? Did u ever try a second gear start? Maybe we can have a "practice day" on some weekend before the next murray race to get that thing dialed in.

hardkoratvmxr
01-18-2006, 07:25 PM
maybe all 3 of us can get together for a practice day one time

kyleschonert
01-18-2006, 09:15 PM
starting in second made it worse:mad: . lol. thats why i couldnt beat nance off the line and he beat me to the first turn. i wheelied. whenever i smoked all ya'll off the line at duqoin i was in first. lol. i guess i'll run 14/38? im not sure. im gonna ride at my buddie Fletch's house Sunday on a little jump him and Ditterline made and try it out. I'll let you know, and yes, we do need to ride together sometime sam. Im just ready for the Boonvile series. And o yea Sam, I get to go to Joe Byrd's Quad School on the 15th and 16th of April. I cant wait! Its gonna be freakin awesome. I guess I'll have to run the b class though now. lol. O well. I'll still run C everyonce in a while. later bro.

SidewaysSam
01-19-2006, 01:24 PM
Im so jealous!

300ex_#387
01-20-2006, 05:33 AM
How about we all go riding lol....

hardkoratvmxr
01-20-2006, 08:17 PM
have any of you guys been to casey illinois track? is it any good? if any of you have aim instant message me

SidewaysSam
01-20-2006, 11:24 PM
Casey is about 40 min straight up from my house. I believe that they prep the track on wednesdays, but im sure not in the winter. It is a big track and I can barely do the small jumps on my 300. THere is also id say 50 acres of other riding, and a ssmaller grass track. I believe you have to be a member to ride there, but im not sure how much a membership is. www.ltmoffroad.com you can check it out here.
Also the former Planet Xtreme which is between Flora and Effingham has switched ownership and I know it will be turned into a great riding area once again. They will also be holding races soon