View Full Version : 300ex question

SeanOO13
01-16-2006, 03:34 PM
I have two friends who both have 300ex's. They both have ITP holeshots for back tires. One has a DG RCM full system exaust, Uni air filter, a correctly rejetted carb, and a 14 tooth front sprocket. The other has one bald tire, an FMF megamax full system exaust, a stock air filter, not sure if it is properly jetted, and stock sprockets. Other than that they are both stock. My friends are pretty equal in riding skill, But when they drag raced, the quad with the bald tire, FMF megamax exaust, ect... won by a lot every time. I am wondering what specifically is making one a lot faster than the other. They raced in light snow on a long slightly uphill field. :confused:

ZeroLogic
01-16-2006, 04:05 PM
Did they trade quads and raced?

SeanOO13
01-16-2006, 04:31 PM
Did they trade quads and raced?

Yes they did.

Is it the different exaust pipes? the DG is pretty much straigt though and the FMF has the exaust come out of a vent at the end of the muffler.

bwamos
01-17-2006, 08:34 AM
It's because the one has a 14 tooth sprocket. where as the one with the bald tires has the 13 tooth front sprocket.

Your problem is that with the 14 tooth sprocket, you've sacrificed acceleration for top speed. Put a 13 tooth back on the front and you'll even right back up. (this is assuming both sets of holeshots are the same diameter).

SeanOO13
01-17-2006, 09:58 AM
(this is assuming both sets of holeshots are the same diameter).

They are the same diameter.