PDA

View Full Version : lap times

fstz40088
01-16-2006, 02:48 PM
Well we went to a TQRA race this past weekend, at Oak hill mx. It was a "warm up" race for the national there in feb. well to get to the point, in the first moto in the expert class the fastest lap time was 2:05. And the dirtbike's fast lap times were 2:15. well once again we proved that the quads are faster than those 2 wheelers.:D :p . There were a few of the pros there such as dustin wimmer, dunk, johny hale, matt white, cody and hunter miller, and a few others. they put on a heck of show.

well just figured i would let everybody know that the quads were runnin faster lap times than the bikes.:devil:

Tommy 17
01-16-2006, 02:49 PM
put RC or bubba out there and then see the lap time;)

yamablaster24
01-16-2006, 02:50 PM
pending on the track most of the time the dirtbikes are faster, but there are some times when the quads do post better lap times. I know at Unadilla last year this was the case.

Mxjunkie
01-16-2006, 02:55 PM
I wanna see the pro dirtbike racers race the pro quad riders. Now that would be one hell of a show :D

01-16-2006, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
I wanna see the pro dirtbike racers race the pro quad riders. Now that would be one hell of a show :D No it wouldn't, Bubba and RC would pwn them.

01-16-2006, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by fstz40088
Well we went to a TQRA race this past weekend, at Oak hill mx. It was a "warm up" race for the national there in feb. well to get to the point, in the first moto in the expert class the fastest lap time was 2:05. And the dirtbike's fast lap times were 2:15. well once again we proved that the quads are faster than those 2 wheelers.:D :p . There were a few of the pros there such as dustin wimmer, dunk, johny hale, matt white, cody and hunter miller, and a few others. they put on a heck of show.

well just figured i would let everybody know that the quads were runnin faster lap times than the bikes.:devil: Your talking about pro quad riders vs. amatuer dirtbike riders. Thats fair how
?

Tommy 17
01-16-2006, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
I wanna see the pro dirtbike racers race the pro quad riders. Now that would be one hell of a show :D

haha it would just make quads look worse then they already are...

a pro quad could never stay near a pro bike...

dangle
01-16-2006, 03:18 PM
The Miller's are badass... but comparing the quads to bikes lap times is like comparing apples to oranges... Get a track that's 3/4 mile of whoops, step-up step-downs, triples out of hairpin corners.... quads will get owned.. but if you have a fast sweeping track like oak hill the quads can crank out faster lap times.... You can't compare Johnny and the others to the local bike riders... it's just not fair...

Mike