PDA

View Full Version : Starter push button, is it available seperatly

DANVAN
01-16-2006, 01:33 PM
My 2000 300ex starters push button failed this past weekend.

I removed the switch, brought it with me to the dealer to buy a new one and they tell me I cant get it without buying the whole switch assembly for $50.00, it would come with the headlight sw and kill switch, and all the harness's.

I find it hard to believe that u cant just get the one switch and have to buy the whole thing, is this correct?

I wired in a push button switch I had in my garage as a tempoary fix, but now it may stay as a permanent fix.

Can I get just the starter button somewhere?

Thanks

Pappy
01-16-2006, 01:35 PM
i dont think the small button switch is available by itself, but buying a used complete switch is cheap and should be readily availble on ebay or in the for sale section

Sjorge450R
01-16-2006, 03:30 PM
if you dont plan on using the head light, just get KTM starter switch to replace the entire setup. Thats what i am doing.

DANVAN
01-16-2006, 07:15 PM
I went to Radio Shack and bought a square push button switch which will fit and work for a while at least, maybe even permantly?

I cant see spending $50.00 on this switch. I do want a headlight, wish I had a brake light too.

Thanks for the responses.

Is there any benifit to a KTM switch? Do they make one with a headlight switch also?

dirtmomma
01-16-2006, 07:33 PM
had the same problem found one on Ebay for like $25 :) now if it would quit going thru one way bearings it would be GREAT :rolleyes: :confused:

300ex_#387
01-16-2006, 07:37 PM
I went to wal mart and bought a toggle switch that snaps back and just wired that up...works great