PDA

View Full Version : Removing Stock Baffle

kane47
01-16-2006, 12:52 PM
I have just read the post about removing the stock baffle.
I have an 05, and I am wondering about the pros and cons of doing this.
Is this going to harm the machine in any way? What are the adverse effects of doing this?

goldrims04
01-16-2006, 01:23 PM
u have to jet it or it wont run right .i did it before i got a pipe when i removed the end peice i almost felt that i lost power because of back pressure i may not be correct just what someone told me hope this helps

kane47
01-17-2006, 04:47 AM
That helps a lot.
I won't be doing that.
I was skeptical when i read some of the other post about removing it.

If i am going to take the time to jet it, it will be after I install a new pipe.

Tampering with something like that CANNOT be good.

Thanks for your input.

goldrims04
01-17-2006, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by kane47
That helps a lot.
I won't be doing that.
I was skeptical when i read some of the other post about removing it.

If i am going to take the time to jet it, it will be after I install a new pipe.

Tampering with something like that CANNOT be good.

Thanks for your input. no problem get a pipe and you dont have to get a high priced one .just bet one u like and that sounds good

Quad Boy 660r
01-21-2006, 07:06 PM
I ride with a 450r without the baffle. All I know is it is Loud.

Vader
01-23-2006, 03:15 PM
Last month, I was riding with a guy @ the Glamis dunes. He was very unhappy with the performance of his stock R. So we took out the baffle, put a 175MJ in and a 13T sprocket - basically under $20 of mods. The bike ran exceptionally well - people could not believe it was basically stock, as he was beating other piped and modded 450s. If I had a stock 450R or was low on cash, that is exactly what I would do. But you need to rejet it or risk grenading your engine.

White7
01-23-2006, 05:00 PM
Why ride with the stock pipe pluged up? Take tha baffle out get a $5 jet and it takes 10 minutes to change the jet AND pull the baffle