PDA

View Full Version : :-(

derekhonda
01-16-2006, 08:39 AM
Five password bruteforcing attems were performed on your eBay account.

You must register and ID Verify certificate in order to remain in the eBay Community.
Dear eBay Community Member,
You (or someone else) has attempted to log in with your eBay ID and 5 diffrent wrong passwords.

According to our site policy you will have to confirm that you are the real owner of the eBay account by completing the following form or else your account will be suspended within 24 hours for investigations.

Establish your proof of identity with ID Verify (free of charge) - an easy way to help others trust you as their trading partner. The process takes about 5 minutes to complete and involves updating your eBay information. When you're successfully verified, you will receive an ID Verify icon in your feedback profile. Currently, the service is only available to residents of the United States and U.S. territories (Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands and Guam.)

Confirm my account information and continue beeing a member of the eBay Online Auction Community.

Never share your eBay password to anyone!

Regards,

Accounting Department,
eBay Inc.

----------------------------------------------------------------

So....scam or no scam?

HondaRacer300ex
01-16-2006, 08:45 AM
Did you complete the form?

Hon300ex
01-16-2006, 08:47 AM
id email ebay and ask them about it. it does kinda look like a scam to me tho.

stc416rider
01-16-2006, 08:47 AM
did u get the message straight from ebay or did u get it by email

go straight to the website and try to log on if u do then i would say all is well

dont click on links on the emails unless u r sure they r copmin straight from the website

Hon300ex
01-16-2006, 08:55 AM
i just put the email they sent u into microsoft word and it said that beeing,bruteforcing, attemps and diffrent are spelled wrong. would ebay spell those words wrong? have you gotten any other emails from ebay and do they end the message the same way? i think its a scam

moto04racing
01-16-2006, 09:10 AM
SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they spelt two words wrong

nowukno
01-16-2006, 09:48 AM
I get email's like that all the time from ebay & paypal , just delete it. It's a SCAM!

01-16-2006, 09:51 AM
i got one of those too...i tried to log in with my old password and it didnt work so i had to make a new one...maybe mine wasnt a scam but i changed my password and i havent gotten that since.

thomps6s
01-16-2006, 09:57 AM
It is a scam. If you ever have questions about an e-mail from EBAY, go to www.ebay.com and try to sign into your account, if you get in, go see if you have any new messages. Never go to www.ebay.com through an e-mail. They will never ask you to verify your account or enter account info through e-mail.