PDA

View Full Version : switching pipes

blackwell17
01-16-2006, 01:41 AM
OK well I know that when you switch pipes from stock to aftermarket you need to rejet, but is it necessary to rejet when switching from aftermarket to another aftermarket? I plan on selling my full e-series and getting a full HMF or Yoshi - what do you think?

What if I sold my eseries as a slip on and bought a HMF slip on - would that work or is the eseries head pipe made especialy for the eseries only?

underpowered
01-16-2006, 06:51 AM
it kinda depends. some pipes will be about the same as far as jetting goes, but others may require a signifiacant change. No two pipes flow the same so therefore every pipe requires slightly different jetting. the two pipes may abe close enough that a jetting change is not needed. i say put the new pipe on and make sure it runs right and goes through the entire RPM range. then take it out and do a plug check on it. do a full speed run in like 3rd gear, take up the the very top end. and without letting it idle, pull the plug. if the jetting is correct, a Cocoa brown is near perfect. black is rich and grey/white is lean.

blackwell17
01-16-2006, 12:28 PM
thanks, ill try that

Jared Hamilton
01-16-2006, 06:00 PM
hey blackwell17,
im from fosterburg, il right by moto mania. i was wandering were u ride at around here??is there any parks besides taylorville and flat river?? pm me

blackwell17
01-16-2006, 06:18 PM
i have only been to St. Joes (Flat River)

lookin for some new places to go to