PDA

View Full Version : Things you do after or before every ride.

ZeroLogic
01-15-2006, 09:13 PM
What are some of the routine things you do before or after riding?

Before I go riding i check the oil, gas, lights and see how clean it is. Lol.
After when I come back I let it cool. Then check the gas, oil, and see if everything is still there. Then I wash it. Then dry it. Then I check the bearing carrier, engine, look for anything thats looks akward and loose. Then I polish it.

DaleJrFan
01-16-2006, 07:50 PM
same thing you do only i re-lube everything when I am done.

JDiablo
01-16-2006, 07:52 PM
I checked my oil,if my gas is full,see if i have any lose bolts,nuts etc,make sure my grips are tight,my throttle is set,my brakes have pressure,cleaned/oiled airfilter,and to check it my lugnuts are tight,forgot to the that once and i had to buy new rims.:grr:

2stroke_man
01-17-2006, 01:50 AM
how do you go about greasing the carrier?

sickmojave
01-17-2006, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by 2stroke_man
how do you go about greasing the carrier?

aftermarket carriers have grease fittings..;)

2stroke_man
01-17-2006, 08:12 AM
what about the stock one?:confused:

Trevor
01-17-2006, 12:38 PM
I use the bathroom before every ride!

Rip_Tear
01-17-2006, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by 2stroke_man
what about the stock one?:confused:

Take the axle out and pack it full of grease.

ZeroLogic
01-17-2006, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Trevor
I use the bathroom before every ride!

Can't forget about doing that. Theres nothing worst them having to unload when racing or in the middle of no where.:chinese:

04TRX400EX
01-27-2006, 09:02 PM
Before I go, I check the normal things: oil level, fuel, tire air pressures, chain, and make sure everything looks alright and in order. I also make it a point to do a quick ride down the street to make sure the bike is running alright.

When I get back, I first wash and dry it. I then proceed to check the oil again, see how much fuel I used, and do a once over of the quad again to make sure nothing looks damaged or strange in any way (usually look pretty close at the swingarm skidplate cause I always seem to hit a rock or two while riding - it's getting pretty close to the brake rotor, time for a new one). When all looks good, I lube the chain and put her away for next time.

94F450SD
01-28-2006, 06:10 AM
before backing it off the truck i check the gas,oil,brakes and tires.then i warm it up and go for a few quick blasts up and down the street to check the clutch,shifter and brakes.then kill it and check the chain adjustment and oil one more time.after im done riding i check the oil,skiplate,frame and suspension for bends and check the tires to make sure i didnt pickup a nail or something and lube the chain while its still warm.at the end of the week i clean and oil my air filter and give it a thorough inspection while im at the shop doing nothing

lt250rm
01-28-2006, 03:42 PM
I take a crap then gas er up load er up then go riding and i see if she startes when i get there. I have a quadracer so you cant check the oil all you can do is check for leaks then take the oil fill plug out and kick it over and see if theres oil in there but you can check it.

ryeguy
02-01-2006, 05:54 PM
moto49x how do you check the tranny fluid?

zeus54
02-11-2006, 09:07 AM
ryeguy the oil seperated between the cases, tranny fluid on the right and engine oil on the left but you can use oil in the tranny but for best performance honda says use 80/85 weight transmission oil

Bobbo
03-05-2006, 05:07 PM
Put gas in it check tires oil chain certain bolts. after i get back if i was riding it hard i let it idle for a few and cool off a little then ill check them bolts and wash it and putter in the garage.