PDA

View Full Version : Should i get the HMF slip on pipe? Please help!

yellow400
07-07-2002, 08:40 PM
i want to get the hmf slip on pipe but i don't know much about. Anyone that has one or knows anything about them please post comments and pictures. It is a cheaper slip on but is it still worth the money? ALSO IS IT LOUD, AND SHOULD I LOOK INTO A DIFFERENT PIPE???

thanks

07-07-2002, 08:46 PM
Dirt Wheels did a review on the HMF slip on for the 300ex and it gave good power gains but was loud as **** even with the quiet insert

TRAIL
07-07-2002, 08:47 PM
To me its not loud at all,at least compared to my old cobra. I love the hmf. its built very well.

$$$moneyex
07-08-2002, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by TRAIL
To me its not loud at all,at least compared to my old cobra. I love the hmf. its built very well.

yo trail............Did you have to rejet with that HMF slip on??

TRAIL
07-08-2002, 09:50 PM
With my Cobra i was running a 165 main with about 15 small 3/4 inch holes in the rear of my air box lid and i just kept it the same and it is running awsome. I think i might try a 162 main and buy a new air box lid b/c i am gettign in to XC riding and doing alot of trails and stream corssings. With the holes i have now i am only getting minimal water in there(doesnt even fill up the little tube on the bottom of the air box.)

RideRed400StYlE
07-09-2002, 08:20 AM
Go with the HMF. All pipes really do is make noise, look better, and you loose a little wieght.. as for power you may notice a little. I noticed more with my HMF than with my old yoshimura. but untill you get some major motor work done a pipe doesnt do all that much. I pu the HMF and a K&N pipe on. I am running a 158 main, 42 pilot, dropped one click on the needle, and it seems to run good to me.. it has more low end than before. and as for noise It is of coarse louder than stock.. but it is not terribly loud like dirt wheels says. it isnt as loud as a DG, or as a yoshimura. and it is a little louder than a WB E-Series with the disks in it. Hope this helps you out a little bit. :devil :D :devil :D :devil

yellow400
07-09-2002, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by RideRed400StYlE
Go with the HMF. All pipes really do is make noise, look better, and you loose a little wieght.. as for power you may notice a little. I noticed more with my HMF than with my old yoshimura. but untill you get some major motor work done a pipe doesnt do all that much. I pu the HMF and a K&N pipe on. I am running a 158 main, 42 pilot, dropped one click on the needle, and it seems to run good to me.. it has more low end than before. and as for noise It is of coarse louder than stock.. but it is not terribly loud like dirt wheels says. it isnt as loud as a DG, or as a yoshimura. and it is a little louder than a WB E-Series with the disks in it. Hope this helps you out a little bit. :devil :D :devil :D :devil

yo ridered400style...So if i get a HMF Slip will i have to Rejet or not. ANd is the HMf louder than the Pro circuit. And what is the best slip on i could buy

RideRed400StYlE
07-09-2002, 08:42 AM
I am going to have to sya it isnt louder than a pro circuit, and I would recomend rejeting.. you might not need to. you just need to put the pipe on and see if it acts up. you will probably have to tho. do you have an air filter or anything? and rejeting is very easy it only take 15 min. you shouldnt have to change the pilot, or move the needle. I just did to try and get the most out of the pipe. I also have 6 1" holes in my airbox. just to let you know.