PDA

View Full Version : removing choke

TRX23rider
01-15-2006, 05:20 PM
can someone walk me through the process of removing the choke on my 400? How much of a gain will i actually see and what do i do so it wont be hard to start?

alexmx22
01-15-2006, 05:53 PM
http://www.atvriders.com/articles/choke400ex.html

alexmx22
01-15-2006, 05:54 PM
where "upstate" do you live?

bayou boy
01-15-2006, 05:57 PM
take the carb off...look into the back of it, they have 2 screws that hold the butterfly on...remove them and take butterfly out. look on the left side of the carb you will see where the shaft comes thru the carb that held the butterfly. there is a plastic cover on it...remove that. if I remember right there is a lil clip you remove behind the cover then shaft will slide out...after you slide it out use one of those lil vacuum plugs like you buy at auto zone and a hose clamp to cover the hole where the shaft was. after you do that install a 42 pilot. to start it all you do is blip the throttle a few times and hit the starter. it starts ez. i did not notice any power increase just better throttle response. it is ez to do just look at it before you do it. if you need pics I think there is an old thread that stepped you through it with pics....just do a search...

bayou boy
01-15-2006, 05:57 PM
lol...he beat me to it