PDA

View Full Version : elka vs. tcs

raptorrider314
01-15-2006, 05:11 PM
What would u guys prefer for mx? elkas or tcs

ZeroLogic
01-15-2006, 05:30 PM
Heard nothing bad about elka, I would go with them.

quader400
01-15-2006, 06:34 PM
elkaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

ltz400rider118
01-15-2006, 08:03 PM
elka!!:D

400exMO
01-16-2006, 09:05 AM
Elka's valving will be alot farther off. Buy them through a shop and have them make sure they're right.

Lonestar_R
01-16-2006, 10:25 AM
I have TCS...and absolutly love them.......I think I'm gonna have a new set of them for my 450

400grl
01-16-2006, 11:00 AM
TCS!!! Why take risks on improper setup when you can get the job done RIGHT the first time? My TCS shocks are amazing.........plus the customer service is awesome. I can always get ahold of them!

400exrider707
01-16-2006, 12:40 PM
Either way you cant go wrong. I guess it comes down to what you need them for. Im thinking elka has more area specific shocks, like their dune series and what not, and then check out the price difference per options, (rebound, compression) then just make a decision, either way you'll be happy.

jacobw
01-16-2006, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
Either way you cant go wrong. I guess it comes down to what you need them for. Im thinking elka has more area specific shocks, like their dune series and what not, and then check out the price difference per options, (rebound, compression) then just make a decision, either way you'll be happy.

Elka is a gadget company the new things like the track and the dune edition are not going to make you better in the dunes or on the track they have always had dune specific shocks that are "supposedly valved for the dunes" any shock company can build you a dune shock elka chooses to put BNG bold new grahics on so you think its something new when its not. As for the tracks system do you think anyone will really know how to adjust them most dont even know how to adj comp let alone comp and rebound and some other high and low speed adj. Natalie will run the tracks for marketing whether is really does anything or not is really unknown. I could build shock with all sorts of knobs and make you think they do something superior. Elka like to over step bounds will all this new fancy knobs and stuff that the average or even pros dont need. Heck doug gust dont even run the HI/Lo Speed adj elites he just has simple comp/reb I am sure if that feature was that better more pros would run it that dont and they can get anything they want. Just get a simple comp and reb adj or just comp adjustable TCS shock that way you know you are getting a "custom setup" not just some off the shelf see if its close shock. TCS is def the way to go and much cheaper.

#8red
01-16-2006, 11:13 PM
whaddya think about cust. axis???

h400exrydr
01-17-2006, 09:14 AM
i have had both elka and TCS on my quad and i by far love the TCS's over the elkas. TCS's are alot plusher. TCS are the way to go

3x440ex
01-31-2006, 09:30 AM
Where is the best place to buy the TCS?

400grl
01-31-2006, 09:34 AM
www.ratedxmotorsports.com - Erik knows Todd really well.....great guy to deal with, too.....

rob-u/21
01-31-2006, 09:45 AM
TCS are great shocks. I have a set on one of my quads. But I would prefer ELKA. They have so much more adjustability.

badvox
01-31-2006, 12:21 PM
Just to throw in my 2 cents...

Of course TCS will be made to your speccs, skill level, style, weight etc.. Correct me if Im wrong but if they dont seem exactly right when you try them Todd will re do them for you.

Is that still right 400grl?

Fast turn around times too.

400grl
01-31-2006, 12:23 PM
It's my humble opinion that if your shocks are valved right for you from the get-go, you won't use all of the fancy adjustments that come with some shocks anyway.

My TCS were set up exactly right from the start, I've never had to ask Todd if he can redo them - but I'm SURE he would with no problems. And yes, the turnaround time on those is great.......he's gotten me out of a pinch or two with his quick work!

coryatver
01-31-2006, 12:48 PM
Is it true TCS shocks are just revalved work shocks?

400grl
01-31-2006, 12:53 PM
AHAHAHAHHAHA - I think you have your rumors confused! I hear WORKS are revalved PEP's.......I believe TCS are just TCS.....

badvox
01-31-2006, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by 400grl
AHAHAHAHHAHA - I think you have your rumors confused! I hear WORKS are revalved PEP's.......I believe TCS are just TCS.....

LOL Yeah I believe you're right 400grl. I hadnt heard that one before. This rumor could have started from someone getting their Works redone by TCS which he/they also do by the way.
They will turn any shock into a TCS shock and properly set them up.

rob-u/21
01-31-2006, 01:23 PM
It's my humble opinion that if your shocks are valved right for you from the get-go, you won't use all of the fancy adjustments that come with some shocks anyway.
I understand what you are saying. I dont think there is anything wrong with TCS. I actually have a set on one of my quads and love them. I just think that the adjustments that come with ELKA are an advantage to those who buy ELKA's. I dont think there is such a thing as a perfect set up. So you always have to be adjusting to certain types of tracks and terrains.

rob-u/21
01-31-2006, 01:29 PM
Is it true TCS shocks are just revalved work shocks?
I dont think that is entirely wrong. I think TCS used works parts when they were first starting to build shocks. Don't quote me on this, but I did hear something like that

roperr
01-31-2006, 05:56 PM
I have worked with them all, and when I bought shocks for my KFX, I bought TCS. Most will screw with all the adjustments and never get them right. I get calls all the time to find out what the shocks were originally set at when they purchased them. I have noticed that the TCS and AXIS tend to hold up to use much better than the Elkas. Elkas are pretty and they do alot of marketing, but I think the TCS or AXIS is a wise choice for some who is buying as an investment to use for a while. If you are a racer who gets them sponsored, that is a different story. JUST MY 2 CENTS AND MY OPINION!!!!:cool: