PDA

View Full Version : Need help 04 450r

xsr_racing28c
01-15-2006, 03:01 PM
We ran my quad for about 15 mins and then we shut it off and gas began coming outta the overflow on the back of the carb... Found out it only does it at idle and when shut off. We then started it and ran it for a couple mins and shut it off, and it didn't start after that. does anyone know what could be going on? my buddy went and clean the carb to make sure the float wasn't sticking, but the gas is still pissing out... ~Jay

Mobile Dyno
01-15-2006, 03:29 PM
I had the same problem on my 440ex. You mean on the bottom of the carb, right? Did you check and make sure there wasn't any dirt in the screw where you would drain the carb bowl. That would be the screw for the drain/overflow line under the carb. I have had dirt in there and it would do that. Those are really the only two things that would cause gas to drain out the bottom.

xsr_racing28c
01-16-2006, 08:00 AM
i am talking about the overflow tube, not the bottom of the carb.......

wanta450
01-16-2006, 08:27 AM
maybe your float is stuck open

Shawn H
01-16-2006, 09:12 AM
Yea what he said,

Either you float is stuck open, Or your seat is bad, or has dirt in it.

Either way remove your bowl inspect and clean out your carb.

fastrider450r
01-16-2006, 02:34 PM
i had this happen on my 300ex i dont no why but i got confused between the fuel mixture screw and the bowl drain screw, and i backed it out and gas would come out when it was off and when it was idleing. i've only had my carb on my 450r apart once so i couldnt tell you were the screw is, but it is definatly were the drain tube comes out of the carb.