PDA

View Full Version : Tricked-out adjustable Arm

Reimer Racing
01-15-2006, 02:32 PM
Zack raced at the Blue Cross Arena last weekend. We spotted these on a Polaris Predator, he said, you could go from a 12" shock for MX to an 8" shock (lowers the quad 2.5") for TT and Oval racing by just adjusting the camber. The bike also had disc brakes, front and back hooked up to one brake handle. The back brake also had a foot brake to slide into a turn if needed. This was one tricked bike. I am trying to find out his number to see if the A-arms are for sale.

LT80
01-16-2006, 08:42 AM
Sorta cool.
It won't change the camber tho.

HMMMM After looking harder, it seems like it may adjust the camber.
At first I thought it was just a movable shock mount but it's actually a strut.

BradLoomis
01-16-2006, 10:16 AM
http://www.lugnutsracing.net/A-arms.html

KILLER EX
01-16-2006, 10:22 AM
that is where zr600 got the pic from i guess it is the same pic

Livin4Real
01-16-2006, 11:08 PM
Does anyone know what the caster is set at on those? Looks like a good idea but seems like geometry would suffer one way or another.

i-zapp
01-17-2006, 09:44 AM
more unsprung weight too.

Lugnuts
01-17-2006, 01:53 PM
Hello,

I built these A Arms for My son Kyle. The Camber is adjustable for changes in ride hight,sag,track conditions and rider preferance.The extra unsprung weight is worth the adjustability to Me. The caster is at 3deg with the frame level. After being asked "where did you get those?", we have started to manufacture them. I can change the caster per request. Also we plan to test our new A Arms with adjustable Camber and Caster, so if you race flat track or Ice this option is a must have to set up for changing track conditions.

Thanks
Greg

Reimer Racing
01-17-2006, 02:38 PM
Greg, I forgot what you said at the Monster truck show about the length and if they are +1 or +2 forward. Any info would be great . I love the idea of having one set of A-arms to run both TT and MX. I was impressed how low your sons bike sat and how straight the wheels stayed. When we lower Zacks bike for TT the wheels always tilt inward.

Lugnuts
01-17-2006, 03:42 PM
The A Arms are +3" wide, +1" foward and with stock shocks they lower the Quad 2". One nice thing with these A Arms is that you can use them with stock shocks and when money allows you can install up to 12" shocks and adjust the camber accordingly.

Thanks
Greg

Logan #34's Dad
01-18-2006, 02:00 PM
Hi Frank, I heard of your arms via ZR600. I am sold on the A-arms but the million dollar question is what are the front brakes from? Also have you had an aggressive rider test your A-arms in MX? At a glance I would worry about the camber pivot point wearing out. I would assume you are using heim joints there too?
Thanks, Rocky D. - AMA D-12

newnick
01-18-2006, 03:42 PM
The brakes interest me also. The arms are ingenious. If your doing just mx they might not be a good idea, but I can'tell for sure.

Lugnuts
01-18-2006, 05:59 PM
The A Arms are constructed from 4130 chromoly .083 wall on the tubes and .125 thick on all the brackets. The pivot for the camber is a 1/2" bolt through a sleave. To adjust camber you have to loosen the bolt, change camber and tighten up the bolt. We ran out of time to test on our track due to the winter. My son is an aggressive rider and that is why we got into making parts for the Predator, because the majority of after market parts available, didn't do what I wanted or stand up to his punisment. The brake parts are off a scrambler 400 with some modification. After completing Kyle's TT quad I found that Honda 250x hubs would work nice and require less modification. I plan to use these for Kyle's MX quad brake system.

Thanks
Greg