PDA

View Full Version : does anyone ride at little sahara?

2fittyr
01-15-2006, 08:51 AM
I live in Ft. Worth and I was wondering if it was worth the trip to go ride there?

DaleJrFan
01-15-2006, 09:11 AM
Yes, we go several times a year, my favorite place to ride. Go to waynoka.com, they have all the details and pictures there.

Welcome to the site.

2fittyr
01-15-2006, 09:13 AM
Thanks

DaleJrFan
01-15-2006, 10:02 AM
I only live about a hour and a half away so we go alot. This time of the year the weather is hit and miss. New Years Eve day and night were perfect weather for riding. Come spring, it gets real busy but the summer is usully slow and it picks up again in the fall. My favorite time to go camp is during a full moon cause night riding is alot funner. If I didnt live so close, I would buy a acre or two close to Waynoka and put up a little lean-to to have my own camping. I am going to go to St Anthonys this summer and try to make Glamis for Thanksgiving. Once you go for the first time, you will be hooked.

Titanium
01-15-2006, 12:23 PM
Its well worth the drive! i live 1 and 45 min from there so we go quite a bit. and i've been there alot and still havn't gotten tired of it cus the dunes change every time i go there.

2fittyr
01-15-2006, 08:47 PM
cool sounds like we gotta go, thanks

kssandduner
01-16-2006, 09:24 AM
I just got back! Gotta love these warm weekends!!

DaleJrFan
01-16-2006, 04:41 PM
no kidding, the weather is crazy this year, its cold during the week and gets nice on the weekends. i am wondering if we are going to get any snow this year or not. i want a litttle ice riding this year but it isnt looking too good right now.

aviator4
01-18-2006, 05:42 PM
Hey steve, man we gotta hook up this year and go ride! When are you planning your frist ride of the year?

We went up last weekend for a "day trip" and got to ride for about 2 hours... wasn't bad, but man the 2 1/2 hour drive sure takes it out of ya!

Oh, by the way, we just finished up the dune map on www.lspsonline.com, go check it out! It's based on satellite imagery.

Victor

p.s. Tell the group I said hey!

DaleJrFan
01-19-2006, 06:59 AM
Hey Victior, long time no see!! I havnt rode alot cause of knee surgery, hell the quad only has been cranked twice since christmas. I should be healthy come middle of Febuary and hopefully we will go soon after. Do you know anyone looking to buy a toy hauler? Archie is selling his pretty cheap. Why does it take you about 2 1/2 hours? I go through Kingfisher and then hang a right to Watonga and then cut off in Seling. Takes me about a hour and 45 minutes. I will call you later this week.

Steve

aviator4
01-19-2006, 08:12 AM
Yeah, actually I do, ME! Why's he selling it and whats he asking? Can ya get me some specs and some pics? I hope he's not getting out of the sport altogether. Did he tear up his 250R one too many times or what?

I guess it take me 2 1/2 hours because we go up I-35 and cut through Enid. Maybe it's not 2 1/2 hours really. I do know that we usually stop in Enid to grab a bite to eat... the kids are usually hungry by then. Anyway, if it's not REALLY 2 1/2 hours, it sure feels like it!

Gimme a shout this week and lets see if we can't get a ride put together! Maybe we can get the rest of the crew to go as well. Is Holmes still riding?