PDA

View Full Version : new parts for my Monte SS

Jake250ex
01-15-2006, 08:38 AM
alright, so my 87 Monte SS has turned into a long term project car.

so far I have put in a 400hp 350, so I have the motor done. Now my 17th b day is coming up, and I have a choice of a few things for it. I can either get tires and wheels, new interor or a stereo system.

Tires wheels right now are stock. I hate the look of stock wheels and nothing makes these cars stand out more than rims. However, I dont know if they will buy me tires AND rims. I am afraid the tires will end up costing as much as the wheels. I want to get 18 rears and 17 front.

My interior right now is all stock and faded maroon but in good condition. I dont like the seats, I wanted to replace them wit jegs bucket race type seats with the symulated leather. Again, i hate my interior. it smells like the 80's and is ugly. I run into another $ problem cause I dont know if theyll buy me all my interior and the seats. Pulling all the plastic/rubber peice out and painting them all will be a hassle too.

My stereo right now, is you guessed it - junk. I have some hand me down cd player that skips (when it does read the cd) and my speakers are old and crap. They would get me a new cd player, new speakers and subs. I love a good sounding system, but I hate the rattle that goes along with it.

Taking all these factors in makes it hard to make a decision. What do you guys think?

JKWGA400EX
01-15-2006, 02:56 PM
if u r saving money to stick into it i would get rims,if ure not i would do the interior.plus the sound system is a finishing up thing and u dont need it as badly as the other stuff.the reason i said rims is because if your savin to mod it,u can easily live with havin the rest later,cause rims would really make it look good.
just my opinion.

jared

post some pics

Nick110
01-15-2006, 04:18 PM
i agree go with the rims.

and please when u get a system dont go way over board and buy like 4 15" subs. get a good all around system. Like Tweeter, mids, highs, then subs. Like 10" subs. jmo