PDA

View Full Version : Getting my 06 R Wed.

400excracer
01-15-2006, 06:54 AM
After 6 months of trying to convince my wife that I needed a 2006 450R, she finally caved. I imediately started calling dealerships to get prices. I had already talked to Southern Powersports and really liked the price, but I would rather buy local and support our businesses around here. I called a few local dealerships and they were about $600 higher than Southern Powersports. I Live in northern Illinois and I figured out that it would cost me about $150 in gas to drive to Tenn and back. I decided to call one more dealership around here. I decided that I would be willing to pay a couple hundred $'s more to by around here added the gas $ I would have to spend to go to Tenn and decided that I would be wiiling to pay $6,000. I called and made the offer and they accepted. I pick up my new black 06 R on Wed. Sorry this post was so long, but I am so stoked.

450r51
01-15-2006, 12:57 PM
good to hear man.

now the real question is what will be the first mods..... im thinking a simple Walsh/PEP front and rear end.:devil:

yamablaster24
01-15-2006, 02:02 PM
que color?
negro o rojo?

400excracer
01-15-2006, 02:47 PM
The first mod will be nerfs and a kill switch. I race XC so tires and skids all the way around. Performance wise I will put on a pipe, jet kit, EHS lid, and Stage II Hot Cam. I havent decided what skids or pipe to get yet. It may depend on sponsorship. I have to get it broke in before Feb. 23rd, because I have an indoor ice race to do.

Lil90man!!
01-17-2006, 11:24 PM
good choice on the bike, make sure you ride it and hope it doesn't have the really bad hesistation problem... just went and picked mine up today, if you hammer on it in any gear anwhere belowe 3/4 throttle it cuts out really bad... and from what everyone says.. the carbs are a b@#$! on these 06's, d#$# tree huggers... good luck with the new bike!

blackwell17
01-18-2006, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by yamablaster24
que color?
negro o rojo?

I pick up my new black 06 R on Wed