PDA

View Full Version : What to get?

09-27-2001, 09:50 PM
Well i picked up my '02 400EX yesterday. Took it out for about 3 hours today. Now I want to modify the thing. This is my first ATV that i've owned so i don't really know what direction to go in. BTW I do have experience riding moded Banshees, so don't just say "leave it stock while you get used to it." Also i am looking at some not to expensive mods. I am tring to pay the ATV off in one year, but I also want to add somethings in the mean time. Thanks.

4punksdad
09-28-2001, 04:28 PM
open up the air box........pipe it, jet it........then go into the suspension........

09-28-2001, 04:37 PM
CURTIS SPARKS ADVANCE KEY $15
K&N AND OUTERWEAR $45-50
SLIP ON SILENCER $180-250
GRIND OUT WELDS IN STOCK HEADPIPE $FREE
REMOVE AIR BOX LID $FREE
FACTORY STYLE JETS $3 EACH
MODDED CDI $100
MODIFY STOCK SILENCER $ PRETTY MUCH FREE
:devil

nakomis0
09-28-2001, 04:44 PM
I would say 14 tooth sprocket, gotta be the best mod for the money on a stock machine. K&N filter w/ outerware, maybe a dyno jet kit,.... and then steping up the price a little more a drop in cam. If your pretty mechanically inclined a high compression piston. Slip-on exhaust is good for about 4hp, a full exhaust if you plan on future motor mods.

(if your going to build the motor up alot the, you may want to wait and get a better cam, that requires the expense of new springs and hardened rockers)

09-28-2001, 09:47 PM
1.Curtis Sparks Exhaust X-4 or X-6 (Rated NO.1).
2.Curtis Sparks ignition key.
3.Curtis Sparks air box lid.
4.K&N filter.
5.Keihin 39mm FCR carb or
rejet stock not has great but works.
6.14 tooth front sprocket.
7.Front suspension ( will carry their products shortly).

I am a Curtis Sparks dealer so I can order any of the products you see on the site. www.sparksracing.com

I don't just recomand it I track test it..!!

Giz400ex
09-29-2001, 06:12 AM
The first I would do and am satisfied they way I did it was I bought my pipe and filter and modified my air box a little bit. I was in the same position you were. Had a machine before but my 400 was the first one I had put mods to it (so I was a rookie at this). It is expensive to do this but you will love the outcome. The most mind boggling thing about it is what pipe to get????? Thats your choice and I'm pretty sure if you plan to start off that way, we will all tell you what we think is good and bad. When you get that then I would start protecting your machine with some skidplates and ect. The last thing I would get is shocks!!! The stock shocks are fine for now. Good luck!!!