PDA

View Full Version : Good workouts for boxing?

fasterblaster09
01-14-2006, 09:32 PM
Well I just joined boxing a couple weeks ago.We run alot,alot of pushups,situps,jump rope,few other exercises.But Im a member to a gym in my town,what would be some better things to work out,to help me out in the ring?

thanks neil

Pappy
01-14-2006, 10:07 PM
just start walking up to the women in the gym and smacking them on the ***:o

that will get your jaw toughened up:devil:

when i took boxing they stressed strong shoulders and wind sprints. i didnt get it then, but it wasnt long until i was toe to toe and dropping heavy right hands till the other guy ran out of ring:D

Mxjunkie
01-14-2006, 10:14 PM
Punching bags work, hit that sonsa***** for awhile and wait for it to hit you back :p

fasterblaster09
01-14-2006, 10:22 PM
Well I do have a punching bag in my room,and a speed bag as soon as I get it fixed. I know our rounds will be 1 1/2 minutes and 3 rounds.So I do 3 rounds of 2 minutes everyday to make sure im conditioned.Anything else?

HondaEXrider22
01-15-2006, 07:10 AM
I would say lift, run, and drink water. Diet is always your friend also.

DaleJrFan
01-15-2006, 09:50 AM
Watch Rocky 1 thru 4 over and over and then you will be ready for the title- J/K. You hit the nail on the head, lots of running, sit-ups, and different exercises to strengthen you upper body. I will do at least 300 to 500 push-ups a day in three different ways. There is the traditional style with your hands out wider than your shoulders, this will build your chest and back. To really build good upper body strength, do push-ups with your feet above you, have your hands just a little wider than your shoulders and prop your feet up on either a weight bench or a chair. This puts all your body weight on your shoulders and arms and gets the most results. The last style is called diamonds. Open your hands out flat and have your index fingers and thumbs touch to form a little "diamond" on the floor right under your head and do pushups. This will build tri-ceps and stamina. I will do 20 of one style, roll over and do 25 sit-ups and then 20 of the next style pushup,etc. Another thing you can do is dips with a chair or weight bench. Works the same muscles that pushups do but just another way to work out. Then go run. The most important thing about all this is to STRETCH before and after you work out. You may be young and agile but this will help keep you that way!! Good Luck.