PDA

View Full Version : Drown my 400

Tc
07-07-2002, 02:16 PM
Ok me and a friend were riding and I completly drown out my 400ex in a creek. Yeah I know I should havent crossed it now. My question is what do I need to get it running good again.

After we pushed it out of the creek we let it dry for about 30 mins, then attempt to crank it. After about 5 mins we had it running again, but it is not smooth at all. So what all do i need to do to it. Clean air filter, sprak plug, carb, etc.... Please Help.

Thanks
Tc

TheX1992
07-07-2002, 02:33 PM
take all plastic off.....take gas tank off and drain it, take plug out (get new one). clean out air filter and carb.....change oil....relube your chain....and with the plug out crank it over a couple of times this will evaporate any condensation or water inside the cylinder....check for spart too to make sure you didnt short a wire or 2 or 50 :p

Tc
07-07-2002, 02:40 PM
Ok we had to ride back to the truck and load up, its was about a 1 ride or so, There was no smoke coming out of the pipe or anything. Also its been right at 2 weeks sence it happend. The idle was bad, like it wasnt getting and air maybe, or the carb had some trash in it maybe.

Later
Tc

krazykurtk
07-07-2002, 03:17 PM
Ditto TheX1992's response. I've done the same thing. As far as the carb...all you should have to do is drain the bowl by removing the big screw on the bottom of it.