PDA

View Full Version : Round Rock, TX

Bound4Dirt
01-14-2006, 03:26 PM
Anyone live near there or know of the town? Wife and I are thinking of moving there. Any opinions would be great.

Thanks!

KansasKidd
01-14-2006, 05:42 PM
I know a kid from Round Rock, i go to school with him up here at WyoTech. He's a jackass wannabe redneck hillbilly lookalike. But since he's up here, Round Rock should safe for a while. Another 6 months at least. But it sounds like a nice enough place to me.

DaleJrFan
01-14-2006, 06:19 PM
really nice town, drive through there all the time. over the last 15 years, the town has grown to pretty good size. Nolan Ryan owns the minor league baseball team there.

Titanium
01-14-2006, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by KansasKidd
I know a kid from Round Rock, i go to school with him up here at WyoTech. He's a jackass wannabe redneck hillbilly lookalike. But since he's up here, Round Rock should safe for a while. Another 6 months at least. But it sounds like a nice enough place to me.

Where at in kansas were you from? i drive though laramie all the time when i go to fort collins which is quite often.

Bound4Dirt
01-14-2006, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by DaleJrFan
really nice town, drive through there all the time. over the last 15 years, the town has grown to pretty good size. Nolan Ryan owns the minor league baseball team there.

WOW! Great. Bought our new house (2005) 3 months ago and it went up $100k I noticed we can buy a new home there for that and have no house payment. Good and bad areas you know of?

dangle
01-14-2006, 07:10 PM
Round Rock is a classy place..... summertime cruise on down to new braunsfules (sp) and take the kids/wife to schlitterbahn or float the guadalupe river... it's an annual deal for us and 500,000 other people to float the river 4th of july weekend...

Mike

Bound4Dirt
01-14-2006, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by dangle
Round Rock is a classy place..... summertime cruise on down to new braunsfules (sp) and take the kids/wife to schlitterbahn or float the guadalupe river... it's an annual deal for us and 500,000 other people to float the river 4th of july weekend...

Mike

Anyone with pictures they can email me?

dangle
01-14-2006, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Bound4Dirt
Anyone with pictures they can email me?

No evidence:chinese: .... there is a place called like riverpictures.com or something... basically use your imagination... whatever you think of... happens..

Mike

Bound4Dirt
01-14-2006, 07:34 PM
No evidence:chinese: .... there is a place called like riverpictures.com or something... basically use your imagination... whatever you think of... happens..

Mike

Wasn't looking for those type :eek2: Clean ones of lake, city, etc.

DaleJrFan
01-15-2006, 09:00 AM
All I know is what I see from I-35 when I drive through or what I read from the newspaper. I use to stop at the Cracker Barrell on the highway going through because it use to sit all by itself on the corner lot, like I said before, now they have grown so much that the restraunt is surrounded by all kinds of other stores.

dangle
01-15-2006, 11:11 AM
Wasn't looking for those type :eek2: Clean ones of lake, city, etc.

Well round rock is a suburb of austin... So it's basically the same thing cept smaller with less construction and traffic... If your looking to move out into the country you better move a little more north on 35...

Mike

Bound4Dirt
01-15-2006, 11:24 AM
Well round rock is a suburb of austin... So it's basically the same thing cept smaller with less construction and traffic... If your looking to move out into the country you better move a little more north on 35...

Mike

About 1/2 way. Where we live now, we all own 1/2 acre lots and population is 60,000 +/- We drive about 10min to local store and to Walmart its 15 min or so and Costco and Mall it's 20+min about same?

DaleJrFan
01-15-2006, 11:39 AM
yeah, round rock is big enough now that you will have all the quick commutes, but i dont know too many places in america that there isnt a walmart 15 minutes away. where I live now, there is 2 walmarts within a 15 minute drive.

dangle
01-15-2006, 12:14 PM
About 1/2 way. Where we live now, we all own 1/2 acre lots and population is 60,000 +/- We drive about 10min to local store and to Walmart its 15 min or so and Costco and Mall it's 20+min about same?

Round Rock is bigger than your town... not by much though... The ony commute you'll be making that takes 15mins is going to austin... that's assuming theres no traffic:mad: ....

Mike

Bound4Dirt
01-15-2006, 12:47 PM
Round Rock is bigger than your town... not by much though... The ony commute you'll be making that takes 15mins is going to austin... that's assuming theres no traffic:mad: ....

Mike

How are schools, jobs? Any big stores, malls?

dangle
01-15-2006, 01:03 PM
Pretty sure the whole area is gonna be 4 and 5a schools.... seeing that your from cali your prolly expecting something totally different. Austin/Round Rock is a HUGE place.. EVERYTHING you need will be within 10mins.. plus austin is only 2 1/2 hours from dallas....

Mike

Bound4Dirt
01-15-2006, 01:31 PM
No expectations. The pictures I see are nice. Anyone have any town pictures? What does 4-5a mean in grading the schools?

dangle
01-15-2006, 01:43 PM
No expectations. The pictures I see are nice. Anyone have any town pictures? What does 4-5a mean in grading the schools?

That means the graduating class is gonna be at least 1,000 people... My town was 2a when I graduated... my class had 82 people in it... round rock is... well.. and upper class part of Austin so theres not a crime like austin.. even though austin is a nice place.. the only bad cities in tx are Houston, El Paso, McCallen and Brownsville....

http://www.city-data.com/city/Round-Rock-Texas.html

Mike

Bound4Dirt
01-15-2006, 03:01 PM
Saw that link before. Any other pictures? :D