PDA

View Full Version : pics from this weekend at the oregon dunes, and how the Z400 really does.

New-400ex_guy
07-07-2002, 01:34 PM
got a few pics this weekend of the Z400 most of them turned out like crap.

btw the Z400 beat a banshee 1 out of 3 times in a drag up boxcar. the banshee was stock except for smaller sprocket and K&N filter. i was not the one racing but my buddy did since he has experience and a very fast banshee. it is in the pics too. every race was very close. Z probly could of won them all but didnt get the best start. my buddy on the Z had a little weight advantage but overall id say it they are even stock for stock.

was a fun weekend overall. but not alot of people compared to memorial weekend. still some crazy $H!T goin on and some cool fireworks

i got to ride my first banshee OMG what a rush. powerban kicks ***, it scared the crap out of me the first time. i then rode my buddies tricked out one and had to hold on for dear life when that thing gets on the pipe :D. i prefer my 4 stroke even though the 2 stoke is hella fun, but i just cant stand the banshee suspension + both of them broke once :blah :).

didnt get the race a raptor but ill have my pipe and filter by then. also saw 3 or 4 white Z400 too.

New-400ex_guy
07-07-2002, 01:40 PM
my bike

New-400ex_guy
07-07-2002, 01:41 PM
other side

New-400ex_guy
07-07-2002, 01:42 PM
very fast banshee

New-400ex_guy
07-07-2002, 01:44 PM
yep its a yamaha lol :D

he broke the front sprocket completly in half :eek:

rc3
07-07-2002, 04:33 PM
Well I was not down there for the 4th, but memorial day was pretty sweet down there, so how was Friday and Saturday night at boxcar, was it as good as Memorial Day Weekend.

Two weekends ago there was some Z400's down there, the top end is real good on them, I think that they are a little high heared though.

FullBore52
07-07-2002, 04:53 PM
were you down there anytime between monday and wednesday? I was at florence on wednesday, coosbay tuesday, and winchester on monday night. I think i ran up against that blue shee with the toomeys...whats done to that bike? Still wasnt as fast as either of mine...

New-400ex_guy
07-07-2002, 05:57 PM
no i wasnt there till saturday. the banshee in the picture wasnt there till thursday.

not too much has been done to the banshee. wisco pistons, stock bore, port polish shaved head. pipes. its advantage is the rider only weights 140 pounds. i doubt it would beat your
banshee :)

New-400ex_guy
07-08-2002, 05:50 PM
too much wheelie lol :D

PismoGuy400
07-08-2002, 11:10 PM
thank god for grab bars....

out4sand
07-09-2002, 05:48 PM
We got to Coos Bay on Wednesday night and spent the whole weekend there. There were so many fast banshee's it was almost crazy. I would guess at least 6 or so were running drag pipes and alcohol, pretty cool to watch them battle it out. The night life at boxcar was pretty crazy but no where near as crazy as Memorial Day weekend. They did have a live band playing at boxcar so that was cool but there just weren't near as many people down there on this weekend. Still a grrrrrrrrrrrreat time though.

roostin_dale
07-11-2002, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by PismoGuy400
thank god for grab bars....

i know....i'd be dead w/ out them!!!!:D

kid300ex
07-12-2002, 01:36 AM
I want a Z400!!!! that thing is nice :) It will look even better with that HMF pipe on there! I keep telling everyone my junior year of high school I'll have a new quad, I just dont know which kind yet. Either a Z400 or a 400ex... or if Honda comes out with another quad I'll buy it no questions asked.

Nausty
07-13-2002, 01:55 AM
I don't want to sound like a preacher or something but wear your helmet. My dad said the same thing when he took my blaster out... "oh i'm just gonna putt around" and before you know it he is tumbling down a hill. Beleive me some day your gonna make a mistake and your gonna be eating out of a tube. I actually broke my old helmet jumping the same jump that i've probably jumped over 30 times and I wouldn't of guessed I could of crashed on it.

roostin_dale
07-14-2002, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Nausty
I don't want to sound like a preacher or something but wear your helmet. My dad said the same thing when he took my blaster out... "oh i'm just gonna putt around" and before you know it he is tumbling down a hill. Beleive me some day your gonna make a mistake and your gonna be eating out of a tube. I actually broke my old helmet jumping the same jump that i've probably jumped over 30 times and I wouldn't of guessed I could of crashed on it.

yea.....i agree!! Always where a helmet

L.Vegas400
07-15-2002, 03:34 PM
helmet good... broken skull bad

New-400ex_guy
07-15-2002, 03:38 PM
that isnt me in the pic, i always wear my helmet. its unbelievable how many people out in the dunes dont wear helmets. even when racing or jumping and especially with there buddies or girlfriends/wives on the back. well i could see riding your wives on the back with no helmet :D :p

quess you wont have to worry about anything when your brain dead :rolleyes: