PDA

View Full Version : need advice!!!!!!!

ride red
07-07-2002, 01:23 PM
I have a 2000 400EX with a WB race cam, JE 11:1 piston, and WB Rev box. I aslo have a K&N air filter and it is jetted. I have a Yoshi slip on on it right now and am not sure whether I should buy a full system or not. I am thinking on the Sparks X-6. My fourhwheeler runs pretty good right now but I drag race and always try to get more power. Would it be wise for me to go with the full system or am I just wastin my money were it could be used else were on it and if anyone has any suggstions on somethin else I could do to it please let me know....Thanks

flaneledholes
07-07-2002, 05:03 PM
Mess around with the gearing a lil bit... Do some mods to the air box or just completly remove the air box...Dont sweat the header thing unless you are going to a big bore then get a header... Oh and grind out the welds in the header...

ride red
07-08-2002, 08:08 PM
Thanks for the info. I did grind the welds out already because I thought that mat help some. Does anyone else have any opinions??

voges
07-08-2002, 09:24 PM
what do you guys mean when you say grind the welds
what welds are you talking about

skemp
07-08-2002, 10:18 PM
On the inside of the headpipe flange, there is a bead of weld that portrudes from the inside surface of the pipe. People grind this out to make it smooth, supposedly making it flow better. I think the difference is marginal, and depending upon how big the bead is in any specific machine will determine how much of a difference you will feel afterward. Personally, there was very little material portruding from mine (less than 1/32") so I just left it. You decide whether it is worth the work or not. It takes a while to grind down welds with a die grinder.