PDA

View Full Version : FST 330 big bore kit???

kicken250x
07-07-2002, 01:18 PM
does anyone have the FST(i think that is who makes it??) 330 big bire kit on a 250x or a 300ex? ive heard that they fit and it says in the ad but idk? what probs did u run into when instaling it? do you run a new higher rev rev box? what is the compression ratio on the piston it comes with and what kind of piston is it wiseco, pro x ect.?? how long did it take to install? that is the only questions of a million i can think of now so let me know some answers here!?!?! i need to know because i plan to get one sometime here soon.

thanks
kicken

DEAL
07-07-2002, 01:39 PM
On the 250x you will have to get your hands on a 300ex crank (longer stroke) to get the full 330ccs from this kit. I believe the kit uses 11:1 compression which means you won't have to run race gas. If you want to take advantage of the extra speed you will need a rev box.
With this kit it will most likely break down oil more often which means it will need to be changed more frequently.
Oh yeah i believe it uses a Weisco piston, but i think it really depends on where you buy the kit from.