PDA

View Full Version : Bike not rolling with clutch in

exrider44
01-14-2006, 07:42 AM
Question for you guys. Last time I rode I hit a rock pretty hard in the back which threw my chain into the front sprocket. After getting it unlodged and back together the bike runs fine. But last night I went to roll the bike back in gear so I pulled the clutch in and the bike wont roll either way. What could it be? I just want to make sure before I go riding it that nothings going to happen.

MR.BIG
01-14-2006, 07:46 AM
Sometimes when the clutch is cold they are hard to roll even with the clutch in. Start it up and let the clutch warm up and then try it.

the predator
01-14-2006, 07:53 AM
^^^ i agree mine is the same way...just click it into neutral, or i'll just slide it around on the stand

exrider44
01-14-2006, 08:23 AM
I was going to do that but it was like 9am this morning. I dont think the neighbors would like to hear my the roar coming from my garage lol. I will give it a try thanks guys.

iceracer65
01-14-2006, 12:19 PM
you may need a clutch replacement down the road.

in the mean time if you have to move it with the bike in gear and the clutch in, rock it backwards and fowards to break the oil clinging to the clutch that keeps it from rolling.

it should move fine after you "break" it free.

Ridin' Jesse
01-14-2006, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by MR.BIG
Sometimes when the clutch is cold they are hard to roll even with the clutch in. Start it up and let the clutch warm up and then try it.

Mines like this too. It happened the other day i was rolling it up to change the oil.

TCracin440ex
01-14-2006, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by exrider44
Question for you guys. Last time I rode I hit a rock pretty hard in the back which threw my chain into the front sprocket. After getting it unlodged and back together the bike runs fine. But last night I went to roll the bike back in gear so I pulled the clutch in and the bike wont roll either way. What could it be? I just want to make sure before I go riding it that nothings going to happen.

might have bent your brake rotar...and if its bent then it will pinch between caliper