PDA

View Full Version : polaris x2 anybody?

bulkdriverlp
01-13-2006, 07:35 PM
anybody have one, have heard anything. ive heard they werent very good. some people are saying the brp outlander is the way to go, but that big price tag, i cant get over it. thanks in advance

Sleeper
01-15-2006, 08:59 PM
I've done a bit of looking at them and I have a sportsman 500.

It looks to me like the BRP is cheaper buy about $800.00 msrp unless polaris is doing some deal right now or you are looking at the brp 800. I will say having looked at the X2 it is obvious that it was built to be a 2 passanger quad. The rear suspension set up is totaly different than a sportsman 500. the shock angle is not even close to the same. I just don't think anyone has done any reviews on it yet because it is so new.

I don't know which is better but from a glance the x2 does not look like hauling two people was at all an afterthought or they would have just slapped a different seat and plastic on a sportsman 500.

the outlander has rave reviews (I'm sure for good reason) but the regular outlander and the max look the same from the bottom to me......

So I would say you need to ride them if possible (with your intended passanger). Try to pull a hill if available. Power will mean alot with two people on it. I would not want a passanger with me on my sportsman going up steep grades. I did not catch if the X2 is fuel injected or not though. Mine is carborated.

I am sure I have been of very little help;)

Sleeper

Sleeper
01-20-2006, 06:08 PM
Well it looks like the brp outlander max gains 10 inches over the regular outlander. so they obviously did mor than just slap a seat on.

CBF2
01-20-2006, 09:16 PM
Polaris listes it as 798 lbs DRY. And usually manufacturers cheat on weight a little in the spec too. Polaris needs to get real with their machine weights--that is too much! 600 lbs scares the crap out of me let alone 200 more! I would pass on weight alone.

Sleeper
01-27-2006, 01:21 PM
Ya the brp 650 max is 100 lbs lighter. Im sure the 400 & 800 are along the same lines.

Unless I planned on crawling over knarley stuff (which I would never do with someone on the back) I would lean twards the brp.

someone should be doing a shoot out on these soon. I'd keep an eye on the atv mags.

Sleeper

TravEX
02-10-2006, 10:08 PM
It's not an X2, but I have an ATP, and LOVE it. Very good for joy rides, farming, working, and deer hunting. Can carry alot of cargo and gear. Very comfortable ride.