PDA

View Full Version : WB Pro Meg jetting

cheetah
07-07-2002, 11:53 AM
I am getting the White Brothers Pro Meg setup and I am wondering what jets I should get. I am guessing a 42 pilot, what else? It's all stock besides the pipe. Thnx!

kicken250x
07-07-2002, 01:20 PM
i went up one on the pilot and the main also but i have a F&N filter to so that makes a diff. i would get the next 2 or 3 sizes up from stock on both just to be safe. my 2 cents...

BornOnFire
07-07-2002, 02:11 PM
Put the pipe on first to see if you even need to rejet. Those pipes are designed to work without rejetting on a stock setup. If you open the airbox or put a K&N filter on, you may have to re-jet. Just because you are putting a new exhaust system on does not necessarily mean you have to Re-Jet. I have a WB E-Series slip on and modded airbox w/K&N filter and I am running a 42 pilot and 152 main at 3000 ft elevation. Hope that helps.

kicken250x
07-07-2002, 02:56 PM
with my stock pipe i took the baffle(sp?) out and i needed to re jet.yes they are designed to work with stock jetting but that is only when you take some of the disks out then it is just like running your stock pipe you might get a little more power out of it but not much. so to run all 12 disks you should need to re jet. i have never been inside a 400ex carb befor but if it is like the one on my x then all you should have to do is rotate the carb some take out the float bowl plug and slip the odl jet out and the new one back in its place. and take your old pilot out and put the new one back in its place. a very simple process, it can be done in a matter of minutes. i am just really bored im sure you know how to change the jets on the carb in just lookin for something to do for about the next 20 min.... so sry if i offended(sp?) you