PDA

View Full Version : Walsh replacement parts

Ex_Rider43
01-13-2006, 02:29 PM
I need some parts from walsh , nothing big but I dont know if I can get them from another place.

I need 4 spare balljoints for my a-arms , I know the roll balljoints are the same as well as gibson and maybe some others.

I also need the heims at the end of the tie-rods for spares.they look a lot like the upper a-arms heim joints too.

I have no Idea about how to remove the ''balljoint studs'' from the balljoints. do you need to have them mounted in the spindles so they are locked and then I just use the allen key?

The knuckle part of my savior linkage is also pretty scratched underneath it , I have no Idea if they sell this part alone. I hope its not half as pricey as the whole thing :huh

i guess a new name for the savior swingarm would be the SHOVEL swingarm:p

MD450r
01-13-2006, 03:39 PM
To remove the balljoint just unscrew the allen from the top and leave the tapered part in the spindle. When I talked to them they recomended red locktite and I think 60ftlbs of torque on the allen bolt. The numbers on the replacement balljoint I have are FK com12t, if you want to try to get a replacement from bearing supplier. You could probably get the numbers off of your tierod ends and get them from a bearing supplier too.

Aaron

QuadRacer041
01-13-2006, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by MD450r
To remove the balljoint just unscrew the allen from the top and leave the tapered part in the spindle. When I talked to them they recomended red locktite and I think 60ftlbs of torque on the allen bolt. The numbers on the replacement balljoint I have are FK com12t, if you want to try to get a replacement from bearing supplier. You could probably get the numbers off of your tierod ends and get them from a bearing supplier too.

Aaron

the problem i have found with trying to get the bj's locally is no one really has the com 12t all the places i have found only have the com12 the ones that walsh use's have a peice of teflan inside to help them last a little longer.
to remove the stud, yes leave them in the spindle and brake them loose. you never even need to remove the stud from the spindle at all iff your just replacing the bj.
ive found that getting stuff right from walsh is a little more pricey but it all works out in the end because you waste so much gas driving around trying to find thje right parts, lol

Ex_Rider43
01-14-2006, 10:24 AM
Thanks lou and yeah I deff. want some teflon lined balljoints.

I found www.aurorabearing.com they got everything from balljoints to heims but I have no idea about how to order... anyway Ill see with a bearing suplier in town. I hope they got teflon lined ones:blah:

the studs are not the same lenght too... I got the longest studs on top a-arms and the allen head rubs my rims !!!! I guess they messed it up on assembly , so do I need to put the longest studs on the bottom arms ?

QuadRacer041
01-14-2006, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Ex_Rider43
Thanks lou and yeah I deff. want some teflon lined balljoints.

I found www.aurorabearing.com they got everything from balljoints to heims but I have no idea about how to order... anyway Ill see with a bearing suplier in town. I hope they got teflon lined ones:blah:

the studs are not the same lenght too... I got the longest studs on top a-arms and the allen head rubs my rims !!!! I guess they messed it up on assembly , so do I need to put the longest studs on the bottom arms ?

ive never heard of the allens rubbing the rim.call walsh and talk to walter or mike they figure it out for yea.