PDA

View Full Version : coolant overflow bottle

xcracer416
01-13-2006, 11:34 AM
mine got broke at the first turn off the start the last time i was at an mx race, and i was wondering if it was nessesary to run one?

HiperEX
01-13-2006, 04:07 PM
i dont run one on mine but still run a hose out of the raditar by the cap onto your pipe or somewhere you will have to check the fluid more often

TheFontMaster
01-13-2006, 04:08 PM
No you don't need one. Some people run the coolant hose above the pipe, so that when it starts overheating the coolant runs onto the pipe and you can see the smoke. You other option, and it will cost you 20 bucks for a couple parts is get the coolant ressi from a polaris predator and mount it onto your radiator shrowds.

crewworrior
01-13-2006, 07:56 PM
I dont run one on mine but like they said i have a hose running down to the pipe.just keep check on the coolant level in the radiator

nacs400ex
01-15-2006, 09:09 AM
You don't need to use it, but it depends what it's use is for. In MX probably not your not going to be riding it long lengths of time, you can simply check it before or after the race. Run a hose off it angled towards your exhaust. It will let off steam and warn you its overheating.