PDA

View Full Version : W/B or Big gun

OutlawEX
07-07-2002, 10:28 AM
I am just wondering what is better white brothers complete exhaust or big gun exhaust??

eldoexrider01
07-07-2002, 10:32 AM
i have the wb eseries slip on and i picked the bg system because i have heard the wb system takes alot of low end away and is not nessesary unless u have some engine work.and have heard nothing wrong with the bg except of its sound output. which is why i got the e series because i like to go ridin at nite.

07-07-2002, 11:11 AM
White bros easily gets my vote, in hte pipe shootout, the BG system was putting out hte same hp numbers as a DG, the WB were right with a sparks system!

VegasEx'r
07-07-2002, 11:34 AM
Big Gun has made a few changes to their exhaust recently, and they have made it a better pipe. In all honesty, go w/ an engine builders pipe (LRD, TC, etc.), as they are much better.

BIGRED400
07-07-2002, 11:54 AM
Go to atvnews.com and then quad projects then click on pipe shootout ...you'll see the best bang for the buck is White Brothers E-series with only .2 of HP. ( 2/10- of a 1 HP ) which ain't much considering the cost difference !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2002 400EX upgrades within a week LORD willin"
K&N airfilter with outerwears
K&N JETKIT
White Brothers E- Series
Vortex Twist Throttle
Pro Grip 798 Firm Cross Throttle Grips

2002 250EX

Castor-426ex
07-07-2002, 12:18 PM
ive got the big gun full system...it wasnt that great untill i added other mods to it..then it came alive...I had a wb e series slip on before.,, and I hear a lot of people say The White brothers is better..Ive yet to see it..i have been spanked by a couple of hmf, hetrick,and a few pro circuit pipes but not a white brothers...The big gun is loud though...but the power output is awesome...when people ride my quad, what surprises them the most is my lowend ..for some reason its really really mean...I dunno...Im going to sell my full system and get the new race series...I think it has a different, Better coating on it....
Best pipe....Curtis sparks....hehe they are bad...and when you start buildin your motor....its even more potent

nakomis0
07-07-2002, 09:31 PM
the E0series has also changed its design sense the mags did there exaust shoot out.

They made the pipe straigher, for smoother air flow.

They also made the 'mouth' of the header larger. You use to have to bore the exhaust out slightly on motors with porting, but they fixed that.

OutlawEX
07-12-2002, 11:13 AM
bump

FullBore52
07-12-2002, 11:41 AM
The Big Gun Seems to work fine on my motor.....why wouldnt it work well on a stock one?

RideRed04
07-12-2002, 03:54 PM
Ok, here is the deal. You will not feel a .2 hp difference. I would get a big gun or yoshi, because not everyone has one. I have heard of people having leaky wb's, but I know a guy with one and it has been great. Get what you think looks best, because unless you throw in the engine builders pipes, they are all pretty much the same. The main differance is where the power is, as some people have already said.

ATV_MAN
07-12-2002, 08:15 PM
I dont know about big gun but i use to have a dg full system on my 300 and them i switched to a stock header and e series slip on and i could feel no difference whatsoever and i didnt have to rejet. If you ask me they all seem the same. I would just use the stock exhaust

Honda99_300ex
07-12-2002, 10:40 PM
you should definately go with the wb e-series pro meg.....it sounds good and gives a big power increase....it's an all around good pipe.

Lorduss
07-13-2002, 12:11 AM
i can understand the WB being most likley the best for 400CC, but go up to a 440 or 465 and like someone else mentioned, it all changes, someone needs to do a comparison of cammed, big bored, few minor mods, and then test pipes, because when i trick out my bike, i want the most hp with bigger displacement.

nakomis0
07-13-2002, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Lorduss
i can understand the WB being most likley the best for 400CC, but go up to a 440 or 465 and like someone else mentioned, it all changes, someone needs to do a comparison of cammed, big bored, few minor mods, and then test pipes, because when i trick out my bike, i want the most hp with bigger displacement.

Lorduss, thats when the WB even gets better. You can see even by looking at it.
Its a straighter, and wider pipe for better air flow. And its also already machined for porting.

BG is a holeshot pipe. It creates more back pressure and more low end.

On 2 stock bikes, one with WB, the other with BG. In a drag race, the BG will probably win because of the lowend power.
Take the same 2 bikes and go top speed, the WB will win.
(I have done this many times, my good riding buddy runs the BG)

Now take 2 bikes like mine, with those pipes, and the WB will win in both of the races. Holeshot power won't be much of a factor with the extra power. (I holeshot better than most Banshees) And the restrictiveness of the BG won't let the bike make the most out of its mods.
It possibly would be a different story, where you need midrange pulling power, at a track or something. But even than you could say, just remove some diskes on the WB and tune it for lowend.

Certainly I'm not saying BG is a bad pipe, and won't work with modded 400's. I think we all can agree Screamin'Shee's 400ex can whoop alot of arse. :)

Ok i'm done talking up the WB. The BG is great for a stock or slightly modded bike, on a modded bike get a Sparks, or Engine builders pipe.

BTW, just my opinion. I certainly don't have a dyno. :rolleyes:

OutlawEX
07-14-2002, 10:52 PM
BuMp:p

OutlawEX
07-14-2002, 10:54 PM
Here is Mine

Castor-426ex
07-14-2002, 11:03 PM
is that the race series? Ive got the old style system..i like it but its looking kinda rough
Im tinking of cleaning it up and selling it to buy the new race series...hey at least i wont have to rejet...lol

Matt400ex_17
07-15-2002, 09:22 PM
I have the Big Gun and love it! I had the curtis sparks before that and wasnt to impressed.. What ever you do dont belive the magazines they can be bought it is a buisness!! I have a stock engine with the BG race complete system and an edelbrock quicksilver and kn filter and im pushin 43 HP at the rear wheels stock is 27.9!!! all together bought them together for $750 not a bad upgrade have race everyting but a cannondale and new susucki and have beat everyting but bombradier !! The best i can tell ya is to find some people with pipes and ride there quad to find the best pipe for you it depends what you want it for!!!!!!!

shook
07-15-2002, 09:31 PM
CURTIS SPARKS X6 , Why slow your bike down if so just leave it alone.

shook
07-15-2002, 09:33 PM
YOUR CRAZY or on CRACK STock pushing 43Hp Ok I believe you your the preidents son too !!

Matt400ex_17
07-15-2002, 09:37 PM
well if you can read just the inside is stock no bore no high compression or cam but the pipe gave me almost 8 carb game me about 6 and change and the air filter covered the rest the more you put on the more productive your pipe is!!! if you dont believe me take a trip to michigan and ill take my bike back in and show you the dyno test!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shook
07-15-2002, 09:43 PM
I havebeen racing for years and have many quads and the 400 ex wont make 40 hp on stock bore cant be done so tell who ever s dyno your using you want your money back they can make a dyno read what they want to dumb ***** or better yet let me sell you some of my motors they make 70 HP and they are 425 bores you want one your address and $4000. an its on the way!!

shook
07-15-2002, 09:46 PM
The pipe might give you 8% increase and the carb might be 6% but being the carb you said I doubt that.

Matt400ex_17
07-15-2002, 09:51 PM
Your outta your mind if a pipe gave you only an 8% increase and costs 450 bucks who the **** would buy one it gives you a **** of alot more!! And unles you have nitrous or turbo on that 425 there is no way in **** it has 70 HP i know how to **** with engines i just bored my 300ex to a 310!!! I am not dumb and the place who did the Dyno is Planet Honda heard of them???????? they have 2 pro ama riders and are the largest honda dealer in MI

nakomis0
07-15-2002, 10:42 PM
Matt I gotta agree you are certainly on crack.:huh :huh :huh

MOUSE
07-15-2002, 10:49 PM
witch is better the wb pro meg or the s bend? on a basically stock motor, ecept for air box lid removed filter and rejetting. (when i figure out what to rejet it to)

Castor-426ex
07-15-2002, 11:53 PM
ok so you say that the pipe, filter, jetting, and carb
you gained nearly 15 hp??

:huh

man if your motor is stock there aint no damned way...
put the bong down...or get a copy of the dyno..
sumthin

go race you a 416 then mabey youll be able to wake up and fully understand why we think you are nutty

shook
07-16-2002, 10:22 AM
Matt you need to pick some of the dyno results of different pipes go to GT Thunders web sight he tests everyones pipes and is very honest and straight forward and there isnt a pipe out there that will give the kinda of power your talking about.

And to answer the question about the s bend or the promeg If your not going to do any internal mods to your motor like more compression and or a bigger cam I would waist my money on the full system just go with the slip on if your thinking of going bigger on the motor then you may want to go with something else maybe a TC or a Sparks x6

shook
07-16-2002, 10:46 AM
There no way it gave 6hp either I hope your not buying parts from that place your getting it dynoed at if so youll be broke real soon and still have a slow quad.

FullBore52
07-16-2002, 06:26 PM
Heh...if hes makin 43 with a pipe, carb, and air filter, I must be making 250!

Castor-426ex
07-16-2002, 10:26 PM
lmao...no kiddin...but if I get me sum shocks...I could top out at about 54hp...:D