PDA

View Full Version : After market rear bumper

beany
01-13-2006, 10:45 AM
I need a new rear bumper for my 06 450. I noticed that there is a mount for the exhaust on the stock bumper. Are there any aftermarket bumpers that also have this mount?? I looked at a few pictures of the ones that claim they fit and they do not have this in their picture?? Maybe just using a general picture of the bumper?? I'm not sure and wanted to know my options before i went and ordered one. Thanks.

Moto92
01-13-2006, 10:57 AM
:huh
what in the heck are you talking about
if you mean the grab bar there is no mount for the exhaust, and why you would want it there i have no idea.
if your refering to the hole in the grab bar thats a mount for a whip flag.

nowukno
01-13-2006, 11:12 AM
Yeah , that mount is made for a flag. ;)

beany
01-13-2006, 11:14 AM
There is a mount for the exhaust on the stock grab bar. And I'm assuming that the aftermarket grab bars will have the mount but i wanted to be sure. Or have some other way to mount the exhaust f there is'nt one on the aftermarket grab bars.

beany
01-13-2006, 02:06 PM
No it is not the flag mount!!!!! I know what that is, and it is not what I am talking about. There is a mount on the exhaust side that is welded on the grab bar, it holds a rubber circle with a bolt hole in the middle of it the bolts to the exhaust. Hopefully this clears things up.

01-13-2006, 03:09 PM
He is correct. On the 06 the grab bar is part of the pipe mount.

I dont think they have any made for it yet.

chad cavagnaro
01-13-2006, 04:14 PM
i would check with prm, www.prm-atv.com and see if they are making one yet, they should or will soon cause i.ve gotten a bellie and swing skid for my 06.:confused: good luck.

beany
01-13-2006, 11:21 PM
Thanks. They do have them on their site, but no pics yet. E-mailed them to see if they had pics availible so we'll see what happens. These guys are the only ones that I know of that make one for the 06 so far. Chad since you have purchased stuff from these guys before how is the quality?? fit?? thanks again