PDA

View Full Version : intake question

humblesquirel21
01-13-2006, 10:31 AM
i have an edle brock carb on my 300ex wich i love. but i hate my air box it makes it next to impossible to get my over sized k@n in there also i dont like the plastic seal id rather get an afeter market billet in that seals better. is there an air box off another quad that fits between the fram rails i can easil make brakets. i was wonderin if a 250r or a 400ex would work and im guessing i would have to take the whole carb boot from what ever quads box i high jacked

is there and after market solution i havent seen one

any ideas would be greatly apreciated

ps ( i run with lid off so the stock intake style dosnt matter only the conection to the carb and frame affect my setup)

zeppelin
01-13-2006, 02:23 PM
im pretty sure that no other air boxes will fit because as fas as i know the 300 is the only bike that has the intake running through the frame. ofcourse if you dont care about having that others may work, i would make my own from some sheet aluminum and pop rivit or weld it together

bwamos
01-13-2006, 02:31 PM
I just cut that stupid post off in the middle of the box and plugged it back up with silicone.

Getting the K&N on now is a piece of cake.. lol. Was a pain squeezing it in before.

humblesquirel21
01-13-2006, 03:08 PM
thats a good idea bout the cutin of that stupid poll i think im gona buy some steal and weld a box together see how that works out and ill use some kinda after market clamp to plug the intake boat in and the filter

i kinda wana move the battery some where else so i was thinkin if i made one i could design it i d/k we shall see