PDA

View Full Version : Yfz 450 Gt Thunder Elka Front End / Rear Revalve

TDBRPH
01-13-2006, 10:08 AM
For Sale For Yamaha YFZ:

Front GT Thunder Upper A-Arms. These arms have a built-in caster adjustment and allow for Camber adjustment with replaceable ball joint that stock arms do not. Arms were powder-coated black and show some typically wear and chipping. The left arm has some scratching and chipping from a dampener coming loose but it in no way affects performance.

Front Elka Shocks. Ordered new and set up by Lazarus Sommers @ GT Thunder. Shocks have a custom 2-spring setup instead of 3 but maintain the exact same spring curve. The main springs are custom made to have the same spring curve as the main and intermediate spring combined initially designed to lighten the bike. Shocks are valved for a 200# Cross County Intermediate Rider. Obviously shocks are compression adjustable and ride height adjustable. Combined with the GT Thunder Upper Arms the bike handled extremely well. Shocks are in excellent condition as can be seen in picture.

Rear Revalved Stock Shock. Set up and revalved by Lazarus Sommers @ GT Thunder. For the desired weight the stock spring was employed but the valving was totally reworked. Rear end performed with excellent results and rivaled many aftermarket setups I tried out. Shock is in good shape the only flaw is chipped paint on the spring, which was a result of using a shockwear for sandy conditions.

New this setup nearly cost me nearly $1500 and made a tremendous impact on my bike and the way it performed. Obviously the parts have been used but have many seasons left in them. As a package I was looking to get around $900 which is less than I paid for the front shocks alone. Reasonable offers entertained for package or individual parts.

Email me at tdbrph@yahoo.com for pics or see http://www.********forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6812

TDBRPH
01-16-2006, 08:27 AM
LAST BUMP BEFORE EBAY

TDBRPH
01-20-2006, 10:22 PM
now on ebay

http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZ416exrider

yamahaman300
01-29-2006, 08:33 PM
are the shocks long travel or std?? could i plese get some pics?