PDA

View Full Version : were to mount rez on rear elka shock pic

holeshot19
07-07-2002, 07:20 AM
400ex rear elka shock were to mount it do ya have any pics thanks

Ex'r Marlin
07-07-2002, 10:05 AM
I will see if I can get EX'rMike to post a picture of our Elka rear shock location.... Probably not until later tonight:(

Anyway, we mounted up close to the left front shock on the one of the down tubes of the frame. We used zip ties to attach the line along the frame as well were the other electronic wires are below the fuel tank.

Our set up has been working great, and it does not interfere with the OMF scoops at all!:cool:

400exRacerX
07-07-2002, 02:41 PM
In the red circle

holeshot19
07-07-2002, 04:17 PM
hey ex'r got theses things put on but the rear shock is beating me to death set up for xc plus 1 1/4 rear houser swing arm adjusted all comp and rebound out shock is hard as a rock the front works like a dream i pm jeff i got these threw him but i got a race in a couple of week and the 2600 i spent im not very impressed.

Ex'r Marlin
07-08-2002, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by holeshot19
the rear shock is beating me to death set up for xc plus 1 1/4 rear houser swing arm adjusted all comp and rebound out shock is hard as a rock :confused: Wow.... Hard as a rock? I am not sure I have a "quick" remedy for you, but I would first make sure the resevoir knob is turned all the way to the left (This is the "softest setting" from your rezzy). If you had to turn it, try a ride with this new setting. If it did not turn, I would check your resevoir line for any kinks or binds. (I know it is practically impossible to kink them... But I am trying to understand why a shock set up for XC is, as you put it, "Hard as a rock".

Note: 2 of my buddies and myself have been enjoying our Elka rear shocks for months now.... I think (and hope) that once you get through this, you will find these Elka shocks to unbelievable!!!!:) :cool:

BTW, do you have a shock cover for it yet? If you don't, and you have a shock cover from your stock rear shock, I recommend putting it on, or putting one on asap.

I sure hope it was a matter of turning your knob all the way to the left!:( Keep me posted!!

Thanks for the picture 400exRacerX! Even though this is not where I mounted mine.... (Mainly because the resevoir line is sooo long!). It does look like a trick place to put it though, if you can make it work with a long hose line.

Dave400ex
07-08-2002, 09:51 AM
Ex`rMarlin, Where did you put your Front Resevoir`s?

Ex'r Marlin
07-08-2002, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by WarriorMan
Ex`rMarlin, Where did you put your Front Resevoir`s? I got the piggy back resevoirs up front.

Note: I hope to get a picture on here later tonight on how I mounted the rear shock rezzy! Hint Hint EX'rMike!:grr

Dave400ex
07-08-2002, 03:58 PM
Oh I forgot about that. Well thanks anyways.

Nausty
07-08-2002, 04:56 PM
I just went with the piggy backs but whatever you do. don't be dumb and put the resivour close to your exhaust pipe or other hot area.

holeshot19
07-08-2002, 05:23 PM
yes hard as a rock. ask who i order these shocks from about this and told me i needed to call elka to get this handled. well talk to them and they were great they are next day airing me a spring and a valve stack assy and a tech service book as well a dealer app. so hopefully i want go threw this problem again.my understand is deal direct with the manfacture and altho it might cost more its seem more worth it. me being tied with the local honda dealer we will start sell these shocks. hope the spring fixes it but if i have to revalve it so be it .

cdalejef
07-08-2002, 06:42 PM
The reason I told you to call them is because we are out of rear springs. Elka set the shocks up and drop shipped them to you, we did not set them up! So if you would have ordered them direct you would have paid more and still had to get the new spring and valve stack.

holeshot19
07-08-2002, 07:44 PM
well i have the dealer invoice on the shocks and don't know how long the rest of the houser stuf was at your shop but it seams like what i have invested i would have a better out come.so one the shock end you made a good strike with out even having to touch them

Dave400ex
07-08-2002, 08:22 PM
I hope my Shocks are setup just Perfect.

07-08-2002, 08:50 PM
Jeff, Sorry but I just had too:p

holeshot19 yes hard as a rock. ask who i order these shocks from about this and told me i needed to call elka to get this handled.

Jeff@QuadShop The reason I told you to call them is because we are out of rear springs. Elka set the shocks up and drop shipped them to you, we did not set them up!

holeshot19 well i have the dealer invoice on the shocks and don't know how long the rest of the houser stuf was at your shop but it seams like what i have invested i would have a better out come.so one the shock end you made a good strike with out even having to touch them

Well this bull $h!^^ is why there is still $2500.00 sitting in my hand and stock shocks still sitting on my quad.

I have been trying to decide where to get my new shocks, a-arms and maybe a swing arm (and its taking almost as long as it did to decide on what mfg) and have had trouble with answering any of my questions in reguards to service. Pricing has been no problem and everyone of the shops I talked to was eager to work something out, but hey one shop (that will remain nameless ;) ) decided to hold there price level even though they were a little high, this is commendable in this industry but when questioned to advise on what "value added" or "after sale" type service they had to compensate for the higher price they just offered that I should buy it where from the shop that had the better price.

I am not bashing anyone here but rather making a valid point that getting the distributor or dealer you buy from to stand behind their product is very important. Sure you can save a few bucks, and I plan too, but keep in mind that there is much more involved than a price. I am working on getting the best of both worlds and apparently its going to work out, but if not I guess from what you have posted I wont be missing anything as far as service since as Jeff said " we did not set them up! " I guess I will be on my own anyway. Thats not a problem as I have found this to be the case in 90% of what aftermarket stuff I have now so no biggie.

And think how maybe I was wrong to keep kiddin jhallett about browning another dealer here, sorry Josh but it is still fun and wont stop:)

Sorry for the length guys

07-08-2002, 09:04 PM
WarriorMan I hope my Shocks are setup just Perfect.

Thats what I am thinking, but I guess there is no way to know till you get them installed.

hey ex'r got theses things put on but the rear shock is beating me to death
Sounds like my stocker:D :D :D

Wanna trade??

BTW 2600.00 for the shock and swing only?

cdalejef
07-08-2002, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by holeshot19
well i have the dealer invoice on the shocks and don't know how long the rest of the houser stuf was at your shop but it seams like what i have invested i would have a better out come.so one the shock end you made a good strike with out even having to touch them What???:confused: :confused: :confused:

cdalejef
07-08-2002, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by 440EX4me
Jeff, Sorry but I just had too:p

Well this bull $h!^^ is why there is still $2500.00 sitting in my hand and stock shocks still sitting on my quad.

I have been trying to decide where to get my new shocks, a-arms and maybe a swing arm (and its taking almost as long as it did to decide on what mfg) and have had trouble with answering any of my questions in reguards to service. Pricing has been no problem and everyone of the shops I talked to was eager to work something out, but hey one shop (that will remain nameless ;) ) decided to hold there price level even though they were a little high, this is commendable in this industry but when questioned to advise on what "value added" or "after sale" type service they had to compensate for the higher price they just offered that I should buy it where from the shop that had the better price.

I am not bashing anyone here but rather making a valid point that getting the distributor or dealer you buy from to stand behind their product is very important. Sure you can save a few bucks, and I plan too, but keep in mind that there is much more involved than a price. I am working on getting the best of both worlds and apparently its going to work out, but if not I guess from what you have posted I wont be missing anything as far as service since as Jeff said " we did not set them up! " I guess I will be on my own anyway. Thats not a problem as I have found this to be the case in 90% of what aftermarket stuff I have now so no biggie.

And think how maybe I was wrong to keep kiddin jhallett about browning another dealer here, sorry Josh but it is still fun and wont stop:)

Sorry for the length guys I gave you the best price I could on the package deal you asked about. I could not go any lower. If someone else can go lower then more power to ya. I encourage anyone to call around and get the best price they can.

I have always said we sill stand behind anything we sell! In the case of holeshot 19, we were out of rear springs and he need one real quick so I said give Elka a call and they will get you one out right away which they did. When I said "we did not set them up" I was saying that he would have got the same shock if he had ordered it straight from Elka.

Dave400ex
07-08-2002, 09:28 PM
Yeah I think we all hope everything is Perfect when we get it, but I won`t no until I ride with them. If they just need some Adjusting then that is common, but Spring or Valving changes shouldn`t need to be done. Heck I think some other Guys could ride my Shocks and think there not good and I would because I have never had Aftermarket Shocks so anything will be better then what I have ever had. Plus I know Full Throttle MX will fix any problems I have with them and Elka is great and will always fix anything and everything for you. That`s why I felt good about the Shocks because Elka is behind them 100%.

cdalejef
07-08-2002, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by WarriorMan
Plus I know Full Throttle MX will fix any problems I have with them and Elka is great and will always fix anything and everything for you. That`s why I felt good about the Shocks because Elka is behind them 100%. And so do we!

Dave400ex
07-08-2002, 09:33 PM
I know you Guys do. I look forward to buying something from you because I know you Guys are top notch. Plus it`s hard to beat your Prices.

07-09-2002, 07:50 AM
well i have the dealer invoice on the shocks and don't know how long the rest of the houser stuf was at your shop but it seams like what i have invested i would have a better out come.so one the shock end you made a good strike with out even having to touch them

What???

I think he was comparing the mark up or profit level to his satisfaction level.

07-09-2002, 07:53 AM
I gave you the best price I could on the package deal you asked about. I could not go any lower. If someone else can go lower then more power to ya. I encourage anyone to call around and get the best price they can.
hmmm more power to ya, this is just not making me feel like my business is appreciated :rolleyes:

Dont mis understand me you guys have done a great job on everything in the past. I may just be a little ticked off that now that I am looking at spending the "big bucks" (compared to the small orders) i am getting a very shallow feeling.

You have offered that I go somewhere else three times now and considering that I value your opinion (thats why we have done bus in the past) maybe I will take your advise.

cdalejef
07-09-2002, 08:12 AM

hmmm more power to ya, this is just not making me feel like my business is appreciated :rolleyes:

Dont mis understand me you guys have done a great job on everything in the past. I may just be a little ticked off that now that I am looking at spending the "big bucks" (compared to the small orders) i am getting a very shallow feeling.

You have offered that I go somewhere else three times now and considering that I value your opinion (thats why we have done bus in the past) maybe I will take your advise.
Of course your buisness is appreciated! You were calling around to find the best price you could, right? Well we couldn't beat someone's price. You should know by now what our customer service is like from dealing with us in the past, so based on that I am saying if you can find the parts cheaper and are happy with their customer service then buy them from whom ever you think you are getting the best deal from. I won't be mad at you!:D If I could have gone lower on the price, I would have. If we don't make money we go out of business!:(

holeshot19
07-09-2002, 04:34 PM
well i gess this has goten out of hand. i dont want to air my dirty landry on the net. i think the shocks will work out they are a good looking unit. as far as jeff i dont blame them i just got bent.in a hobby of sport like quads you cant just throw your money out there and get the good stuff at a snap of a finger. but cooler heads will surface and i get things straight out.i would not have known about the quad shop or would have not order these from them if it was not for this web sight. so dont think that elka is a bad unit because i could have ordered a set of axis threw my dealer hookup or since i help santo dersi some he could have hooked me up.

07-09-2002, 04:42 PM
well i gess this has goten out of hand. i dont want to air my dirty landry on the net. i think the shocks will work out they are a good looking unit. as far as jeff i dont blame them i just got bent.

You may well be right but it has been FUN! :D :devil :p

holeshot19
07-09-2002, 05:05 PM
i have to get some to teach me how to make those quote symbles come on the page:devil :D

cdalejef
07-09-2002, 07:03 PM

You may well be right but it has been FUN! :D :devil :p Your EVIL 440EX4me!!!:blah

07-09-2002, 07:09 PM
Can't we all just get along. I try to get all of my parts and work done from fellow racers. I would much rather help them out than a dealership or large company.

Dave400ex
07-09-2002, 09:34 PM
The Quadshop is great and I agree helping a Racer is always Great.

07-09-2002, 09:44 PM
Can't we all just get along. I try to get all of my parts and work done from fellow racers. I would much rather help them out than a dealership or large company.

Hey GNCCer I didnt know you were that guy Rodney who got into all that trouble racing the police in a hyundai (pr~ hi-une-die). :D

I like to think that more of the riders here do try to buy from the smaller dealers/ racers, I know I do.

Your EVIL 440EX4me!!!

You may have a point there Jeff, but was this posted before or after our discussion on sinister posts. ;)

I know everyone has talked things out earlier today (Jeff sorry for the bad cell connection but thats what I pay them the big bucks for) and hopefully we will all be happy in the long run.

And yes it still was fun, and nothing wrong with keeping our suppliers in tune with our needs :D

cdalejef
07-09-2002, 09:50 PM
LOL....after!:p

07-09-2002, 10:12 PM
LOL....after!

I thought so :p