PDA

View Full Version : Valve problems?

LuckyOxygen
01-12-2006, 11:02 PM
Has anyone heard anything about the suzuki and kawasaki 4 stroke dirt bike have cam/valve problems? I've heard this from a couple people, then found a thread on a dirtbike forum. Just thought I'd see what you guys think? I hope this quad dont have this problem!!

http://dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=105337

LTR450_#67
01-13-2006, 02:14 AM
I'm not being a smart***** but that from what it seems to me is that bikes owner neglected to maintain the engine properly, therefore, its not the companys fault. Plus its not just with Kawi or Zuki its with all brands....I don't care if its a Honda, KTM or whatever. I'm sure many of the riders and engine builders will agree.
I plan on getting an hour meter for my new quad just like I did with my previous quads and bikes.

Maintain don't complain

Ride on...

later

Colby@C&DRacing
01-13-2006, 08:17 AM
I agree most of the valve train problems on these high RPM motors is caused by lack of valve adjustment. The ti valves will not last as long as stainless but with proper regular adjustment they last quite awhile.

LuckyOxygen
01-13-2006, 08:33 AM
I wasnt trying to start anything, but this is something I have heard at local tracks. Yes, you will have problems with anything without taking care of it. Remember, Proper preparation prevents piss poor performance!

LTR450_#67
01-13-2006, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by LuckyOxygen
Remember, Proper preparation prevents piss poor performance!

^^^^^^^^^^DUDE, Thats EXACTLY what I'm talking about!!!!!

Most of the maintenence is pretty easy and only a fraction of the cost of a grenaded engine.

later

bradley300
01-13-2006, 09:57 AM
i wonder if the LTR will have the same antifreeze/corrding mag. cover problems that the z-400 has

LTR450_#67
01-13-2006, 11:31 AM
No the LTR will not have the same coolant corroding problem as the 05 and later Z400s, because only the quick-change clutch cover is magnesium. Not like the whole cover on the Z400s.