PDA

View Full Version : having some trouble

mrnate400ex
01-12-2006, 06:09 PM
I just got a lsr axle for my 400ex. The axle is from a 250r. I have everything together except for the lock nut. It seems like the threaded part is too short to cover the lock ring. Any help????

mrnate400ex
01-13-2006, 07:43 PM
nobody knows?? does anyone know how those rad lock nuts work?? i think you still have to use the threaded part from the stock lock nut, but if that is the case i cannot use my current stock one because the threads only come out to about 1/2" away from the clip ring. anyhow, any help is appreciated.

tprender
01-13-2006, 08:23 PM
The 400ex axle and the 250r axle are different. If you are trying to put and R axle in a 400, you have to have the Disc piece an rotor. Then after that you will need the brake calabator and the mounting tab. If you have all of this the R axle will fit. The lock nuts are the same for the EX and the R.
With the Rad nut you do you the male part if you did get one with the nut.

mrnate400ex
01-13-2006, 08:29 PM
no, i have everything together, and it all works fine except the lock nut. i can't get the outside part of the nut to go over the clip ring on the axle, and the nut slides back and forth. the threads are too short. are the threads on a 250r nut longer??? or will my short one work with a rad nut???