PDA

View Full Version : Stall speed/clutch mods?

wvspeedfreak
01-12-2006, 05:49 PM
I was just wondering what stall speed everyone is using on there mins.I recently got an eton viper for my son that has the 70cc airsal top end on it and the clutch mods were already done when I got it.It seem like it really revs up before the clutch engages.I realize thats what clutch mods are supposed to do but this seems like it revs too high before it takes off.This is also the first mini we have owned or ridden with clutch mods so maybe it's just that we are not used to it :confused:
Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Arctic Cat Dad
01-12-2006, 06:31 PM
Is it around 1500 rpm? we run the red springs. It does rev up pretty high then kicks in like it was rear ended!:eek2: Then hold on.:D

wvspeedfreak
01-12-2006, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Arctic Cat Dad
Is it around 1500 rpm? we run the red springs. It does rev up pretty high then kicks in like it was rear ended!:eek2: Then hold on.:D

Just guessing I'd say it's more like 2500+ when it comes in.............you definately got the rear ended and hold on part right :D

QuadJunkies
01-13-2006, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
Just guessing I'd say it's more like 2500+ when it comes in.............you definately got the rear ended and hold on part right :D

Ill ask my ole man about that, he has several clutches we use and have used for our 70 airsalin the past(we now have a 90 motor in it). I cant remember cause we have done so many experiments . The 70 airsal is pretty cool Eh??!!!

WRH would be a good one to ask as well,he deals with the Eton viper alot.

LT80
01-13-2006, 07:33 AM
Increasing roller weight will bring it down.
We raise the stall so the motor gets up to it's power range then allow the clutchs to kick in.
If you put too much roller weight in it'll bog out of the hole.

QuadJunkies
01-13-2006, 05:16 PM
First of all I need to know what clutch mods you have such as who they were threw? We had all of our stuff threw WRH ,Standard yellow primary spring ,red springs to set the stall speed and 5 gram roller weights

What belt are you running. That can make a HUUUGEEE diffference on how it runs also.

The red springs worked VERY well. Brandon took the holeshot on his class with those mods against a true 70 Viper so it must be alright:D

wvspeedfreak
01-13-2006, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the replies.I am not sure exactly where the components were purchased.I believe he said Trinity.I will take it apart and see what is actually done to it and get back with a post of what it has in there and maybe we can go from there.

QuadJunkies
01-13-2006, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
Thanks for the replies.I am not sure exactly where the components were purchased.I believe he said Trinity.I will take it apart and see what is actually done to it and get back with a post of what it has in there and maybe we can go from there.

Could you post pictures of the primary spring and measure it for me too ?? We have 5 springs and they als measure differently

mdmotosports119
01-13-2006, 06:52 PM
Get him a GENX hood for that Viper cause it's Cool!!!!!!!!!

wvspeedfreak
01-13-2006, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by mdmotosports119

mmmm.....ok.

wvspeedfreak
01-13-2006, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by mdmotosports119

I just realized who you are :D ..................maybe I will get one of those hoods to compliment the attention to detail the previous owner put into the quad ;)

How are you doing by the way?

QuadJunkies
01-13-2006, 07:55 PM
Can you post a link to the hood. I dont think Ive seen one before for a Viper :confused: