PDA

View Full Version : Heel Guards, who makes them?

Rip_Tear
01-12-2006, 03:21 PM
My stock plastic ones are toast, who make these? I don't want nerfs so don't suggest them, thanks. Would I have to cut the stock plastics?

Thanks!

luvmyex
01-12-2006, 03:41 PM
the plastics ones never last long. I finally got tired of em and just did without em. But IMS makes a nice alum. set. Nothing but a mud catcher though.

Rip_Tear
01-12-2006, 04:05 PM
I like to lean back and put my heels in them... Kind of hard to explain my riding style... I'm 6'1+-" so that might be why...

theTman
01-12-2006, 04:11 PM
IMS

why dont you want nerfs?ill never ride a quad without them

Rip_Tear
01-12-2006, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by theTman
why dont you want nerfs?ill never ride a quad without them

I've never came off the pegs forwards, and they'd never last on some of the trails up here, and they'd be dragging branches left right and center...

underpowered
01-12-2006, 04:49 PM
nerfs will take more abuse than you think. You could get a set of nerfs with heelgaurds like AC propegs, Moose, or my Magnums dont have a "Heel Gaurd" but do go behind the peg and give you something to put your heels on. i cannot complain about mine, they have been through a lot of abuse, including supporting the weight of the quad between two fallen trees when i tried to wheelie over them and did not quite make it.

xc_racer1
01-12-2006, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Rip_Tear
I've never came off the pegs forwards, and they'd never last on some of the trails up here, and they'd be dragging branches left right and center...

i run xc and i use my nerfs almost the entire race... idk how many times they have saved me on the trails... plus trees dont get stuck in between ur plastic and ur pegs.. if u wanna go around a tight turn all u do is put them up against the inside tree turn and hit the gas and itll spin u right around
believe me if u ever plan on racing through the woods
dont go on the track w/out them

Rip_Tear
01-12-2006, 05:09 PM
I race though the woods here no problems, and I ride MX too. But we have a few trails that take you through deep enough water filled with rocks that you'd get hooked up on with Nerfs. No one will change my mind about not getting Nerfs.

Are there any other compaines, that sucks about having to get IMS foot pegs to run those heel guards, my pegs are fine... I guess I might have to make my own... I might have to quit trying to buy stuff and just make it all...

Chino886
01-12-2006, 07:48 PM
i think I have my stock ones.....add $15 to the total.....

trx400exxracer
01-12-2006, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Rip_Tear
I like to lean back and put my heels in them... Kind of hard to explain my riding style... I'm 6'1+-" so that might be why...

I do the same thing when standing up and not shifting

but I also think DG makes some I saw em in Dennis Kirk

Unverfehrt400ex
01-12-2006, 09:57 PM
Yeh the only ones i know of are DG and IMS. the IMS cost a little more but ya get what ya pay for. I love having nerfs and have never had a problem with them catching on anything. Also gives girls a place to put their feet when their ridin with ya :D

alaskin 450R
01-13-2006, 12:22 AM
i no pro armer makes heal guards too. but i wouldnt trust them pro armer sucks dick