PDA

View Full Version : Career post again

bansheeguy
01-12-2006, 03:19 PM
I know I've posted this prevously, along with a couple other people, but fot the people that have careers post what you do, what you enjoy about it and what you dislike about it.

Im looking for options as to starting a career with minimial schooling ( no 4 year colloge courses etc), I am tired of the mechanicail field, thinking along the lines of business management.

Thanks

Rip_Tear
01-12-2006, 03:25 PM
I was working as a machinist (tool and die, cnc, mould making...) I enjoyed that but, I would rather make ATV parts or something. Right now I'm working construction with my dad, I like working physically, but I hate working in the crappy weather and dirty situations...

I'm trying to figure out what I am going to do next, might keep working for my dad, I'm going to see what comes along, and keeping my options open for now.

Good luck.

P.S. As far as I'm concerned working for a living is no fun...

IOWAracer
01-12-2006, 05:09 PM
My dad's friend is a VP for UPS and said when i turn 18 to come in and he willg et me a job so i am looking at doing that i ehard drivers make 24 an hour which aint bad at all so we will see got a year to go though but my dad said his friend said that i would start at the loading docks making from 12-15 an hour plus like 5.00 a truck or somthing like that

wilkin250r
01-12-2006, 06:21 PM
You could deliver pizza. That doesn't require much schooling.

01-12-2006, 07:17 PM
i thieve

ballz2thewall
01-12-2006, 07:38 PM
Join a branch of the military, minimal schooling and if you do it right you can make as much as I:D I know you don't wanna deal with the military right? Well let me tell you I have been in for 4 years and have not went to war do one weekend a month, got a job with DOD and make damn good money. All I do is play on the computer, my military side I am a heavy mobile equipment repairer.

ImWhite
01-12-2006, 07:45 PM
^im thinkin about it dan...my moms b/f is in the airforce,he said i should do the 1 weekend amonth thing too,im a damn supervisor right now at a grocery store,lol it sucks so bad

ballz2thewall
01-12-2006, 07:50 PM
not trying to brag but I am 21 owned my own house and have two new vehicles and of course my toys, a wife and son:D

TheX1992
01-12-2006, 08:27 PM
In training to become a prison guard.

nowukno
01-12-2006, 09:55 PM
Volvo Truck Assembler

400exrider707
01-13-2006, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by ballz2thewall
not trying to brag but I am 21 owned my own house and have two new vehicles and of course my toys, a wife and son:D

Not to take anything away from you or anything, but I too am 21 and would hate every bit of that. I dont need that many payments at this age, and am not planning on getting married anytime soon, and especially dont plan on having any kids before then!!!

As of now Im a full-time college student, and I work part-time at Home Depot which is awful, but they pay for part of my schooling. Its not too bad considering I work maybe 35 hours a MONTH, and they still pay for my schooling! Cant wait to get out of there! So until graduation Im an official pizza eater and beer drinker!

bansheeguy
01-13-2006, 12:12 AM
The Air Force is an option right now, Where I work now is decent money and benefits but it dosent get you anywhere in life.

prepracing
01-13-2006, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by ballz2thewall

anybody can get a loan....... I'm sure you didn't go and lay down cash for each thing you bought with those big military bucks !