PDA

View Full Version : i've got a problem with my truck. and i need help

Titanium
01-12-2006, 03:00 PM
ok so i jus started my truck up to let it warm up before i was gonna head outta town. so anyways i started it up and as soon and the starter kicked out it started to make a really loud clunkin noise for 1 second then it quit. anybody have any ideas wats a matter with it?:confused: :mad:

spent21
01-12-2006, 04:19 PM
what make and model is it? more than likely, it was your lifters priming up. oil drains out of certain parts of your engine and when you crank it up, it takes time for the oil pump to get the oil to the places it needs to be.
i had a nissan with a ka24 that made the most God awful racket when i first cranked it up.

Titanium
01-12-2006, 05:06 PM
its an 87 gmc jimmy with a 350 in it with headers and flowmaster 40's

spent21
01-12-2006, 08:02 PM
without actually hearing it, i would say it's just the oil pressure comming up, or perhaps you just had the neighbor's cat crawl under the hood! is it a full size, or did you do a v8 conversion on the s-10 jimmy?
i have an 88 full size k-5. i just built the engine with a small cam and headers, tranny, 4 inch lift, 33x12.50's, and new carpet. i've got a jacob's ignition that i haven't put on yet.
it's a damn beast to drive though. i've got so much bump steer that it's rediculous. maybe a new steering damper will take care of that.

let me know if you find anything.