PDA

View Full Version : Swingarm PC....

bpimpdaddy21
01-12-2006, 05:29 AM
Pappy, my swingarm and motor mounts should be there today for you to PC stealth black. Let me know when they get there, as I will send payment once they arrive. Also, if the parts get there today, which UPS says they should, would these parts be back to me early next week? Thanks! Can't wait to see the parts done, post some pics when you get a chance.

BTW, I started to put what I could back together on the quad, and it looks great!

Pappy
01-12-2006, 05:32 AM
i will be working all weekend and your parts are on the list.

looks great, although you are making me nervous with that frame on a milk crate:p it looks sweet, have you seen it in the sun yet?

bpimpdaddy21
01-12-2006, 06:07 AM
Awesome. So early next week then I am looking at? I really want to start getting this thing back together more. The little bit I did I just wanted to keep going.

Don't worry, the frame isn't coming off that milk crate. :)

That color is awesome, it looks AMAZING in the sun, and litterally looks hot when you look at it. I love it.

cb450r
01-12-2006, 09:23 AM
Is that Trans Red or Sparkle red? Looks killer!!!!

bpimpdaddy21
01-12-2006, 09:35 AM
It's the new Sparkle red, and I'll tell you what pictures of this color do not do it justice. It is such a deep color, and the sparkle is incredible when you get up close.

I know where all my powdercoating is getting done now! ;)

Pappy
01-12-2006, 11:19 AM
well i am very glad to hear you like everything, i get a kick out of some of these colors. im going to try some new colors in this line shortly and i hope they are as good as this red.

Pappy
01-12-2006, 06:47 PM
swing arm arrived today and is now stripped and ready for coating.

i will be shooting it saturday so you should have it back by tuesday i believe.

bpimpdaddy21
01-12-2006, 06:55 PM
awesome, you got the mounts outta the box too I hope, they were in the middle of the swinger. Also, were you able to save the bearings and seals?

Ill send the payment now. Thanks!

Pappy
01-12-2006, 06:57 PM
bearings and seals are fine

i was going to strip it and shoot it and send it back out tomarrow, but i pretreated it and i like to let it dry fully before coating(doesnt work out well if its not dry:D )

and yes, mounts were there

bpimpdaddy21
01-12-2006, 07:01 PM
Awesome, thanks a bunch, and post pics when you are done. Thanks!

Payment sent too!

cb450r
01-12-2006, 11:58 PM
Very nice.. Allthough now i am undecided
What would match red anodized parts better, The trans or sparkle red? I am getting ready to ship to Pappy here in the next couple of weeks and it is hard to judge those colors from the net.
The first few pics of the sparkle red looked kinda orange to me:ermm: while your pic looks to be a deep red, i really like the Trans red from the pics i have seen but now this looks beautiful also..
Pappy HELP!!! What should i do so i know i will be happy with my choice in color :confused:

bpimpdaddy21
01-13-2006, 05:03 AM
I have not seen the trans red in person, but my opinion on this sparkle red is it depends on the lighting. You can look at it from a few feet away, and it will look like a very deep red. When you get up close to it the sparkle kind of gives the appearance of a slight orange in the powder. If trans red looks like sparkle red does from a distance, then that might be the better choice over the sparkle red to match the anodizing. Hope I could help, but Pappy should chime in soon with his analysis to your color problems!

Pappy
01-13-2006, 05:24 AM
"Fire Red" is what I will be using over most Translucent reds in the future. Its deeper, a bit lighter then trans red (doesnt appear burgandy) and so far it seems to give consistant results.

redrunner
01-13-2006, 07:10 AM
Here is the new color I think Pappy is talking about. He did these for me last week. I am having a few things anodized too and think it will match up fine.

cb450r
01-13-2006, 10:30 PM
Ok thanks guys.
Pappy i will soon be in touch with you and maybe we can discuss this futher..

Sorry to hijack your thread with this stuff and i can't wait to see the finished project.

Pappy
01-14-2006, 05:28 PM

bpimpdaddy21
01-14-2006, 07:12 PM
Any pics of the mounts???

BTW, looks great as always!

Pappy
01-14-2006, 08:59 PM
i will try and get a pic of the mounts before i box them up for monday's DHL run

bpimpdaddy21
01-15-2006, 05:22 AM
No biggie, didn't know if you had any. If you don't get a chance to take a pic of the mounts, no big deal, cause I'll see them probably tuesday anyway. Thanks!

Ripitupfilms
01-22-2006, 01:08 PM
do i have to take the bearings out if i get my swing arm done because i just put new ones it

Pappy
01-22-2006, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by atvracer9m
do i have to take the bearings out if i get my swing arm done because i just put new ones it

yes, but if your careful they can be reused

Ripitupfilms
01-22-2006, 01:52 PM
thanks