PDA

View Full Version : Irish Valley,pa?

mole97
01-11-2006, 04:29 PM
GOT A BROCHURE SOME DUDE WAS HANDING OUT LAST TIME I WENT TO RAUSCH CREEK FOR A PLACE CALLED IRISH VALLEY IN PAXINOS. WENT TO THE WEBSITE AND IT ACTUALLY LOOKS LIKE IT AINT TO BAD.ONLY THING IVE NEVER SEEN IT MENTIONED ON THIS SITE AND EVERYONE SEEMS TO TALK ABOUT EVERYWHERE HERE. DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT, AND IS IT WORTH GOING TO? IRISHVALLEYMX.COM :confused:

reichart90
01-11-2006, 05:28 PM
i was there several months ago (actually it was the weekend of the 12 hours @ rausch creek). that place destroyed our quads.

for quads... theres an intermediate mx track that is REALLY small... it gets boring after 5 or 6 laps. the takeoff on the biggest jump is steep and has little room to get speed and the landing is on a downhill slope of land then it turns right really fast. i tried it several times but it was ROUGH coming down for all of us, so us, along with everyone else on the track that was riding there took it easy over it. the entire track could be seen from any spot u stopped along the track, it was that small.

the expert mx track was rough.. it had bulldozer tracks all over it... i dont think any of it was smooth. it was very very small as well. all the takeoffs were sharp peaks. it was OK for dirtbikes. no one on quads liked it or could even ride it. even after trying to make it jumpable by rounding the tops time after time. it just sucked.

the other track for quads (and bikes... bikes can go on any track, but theres only 3 adult atv tracks there) was long. but it wasnt laid out well... several times we found ourselves going the wrong way on the track cuz it wasnt marked out well and just the way it was setup was confusing. there were 2 decent hill climbs despite the crazy mud that it had going on. a lot of the jumps were huge. the whoops were DEEP.

now we are not racers. so im sure to the much more experienced riders, it would have been ok. but, being rausch creek is so close, i would go to rausch hands down. the jumps are laid out nicer and are more rider friendly. atleast for riders like us.

by the end of the day....
-> the stock 2005 kfx400's plastics were destroyed. now it had the factory shocks and all... but just the jolt the guy was taking on some of the landings broke the front plastic fender mounts.
-> the stock 2003 kfx400's swingarm bolt sheared off. the brand new pro itp t-9 rears were taco'd within the first hour of riding
-> the highly modded 2003 blaster broke the heim joint on his front right spindle.
-> my highly modded 2001 400ex took some hard hits from the landings. my gforce axle was shaped like a banana.

we wont go back... it costs nearly the same as going to rausch, and the distance between the two is like 20 minutes... i'll go to rausch any day over irish valley

next time u go to rausch, let me know. my new years resolution is to go atleast 2 weekends a month :)

mole97
01-12-2006, 01:47 AM
WOW! SEEMS LIKE YOU HAD A ROUGH DAY THERE.? THANX FOR THE INFO.IWAS JUST WONDERING ABOUT IT. YEAH,RAUSCH IS LIKE A 3 HOUR RIDE FOR ME,AND I'M HAPPY ENOUGH GOIN THERE.I WONT BE GOING FOR A WHILE .MY QUADS BEING FIXED RIGHT NOW,BUT AS SOON AS ITS READY I'LL BE THERE. TRYIN TO GET A BUNCH OF PEOPLE TOGETHER FOR THE SPRING TO MAKE A TRIP TO BREEZWOOD, EVER BEEN THERE? THATS LIKE 6 HOURS FROM ME ,SO THATS DEFINATLY GONNA BE A WEEKENDER.WELL,IF YOUR UP FOR IT LET ME KNOW AND ANYONE ELSE INTERESTED IN A SPRING RIDE AT BREEZWOODS,LETS GET SOMETHING TOGETHER............L8TR

ballz2thewall
01-12-2006, 05:36 AM
I haven't ridden there yet but am thinking about going to BPG this weekend. I drove there one day to check it out and they tracks look really good! They have a lot of options on them! I only live like 40 min away from there so let me know when you go and I can show you exactly how to get there or meet ya there!