View Full Version : std. travel shocks on lt a-arms???

#8red
01-11-2006, 01:39 PM
I' m looking to get some houser a-arms - they are longtravel - but my shocks are works trip rate standard travel - will they work together and it would just lower the bike down a few inches - would there be any probs with my susp.? I race mx and would prob. get some lt shocks eventually - but can't right now so just wonderin' if it would work - thanks guys!!!

TBD
01-11-2006, 01:47 PM
It will not work.

450r51
01-11-2006, 02:13 PM
very bad idea do not do this!!!!

400exrider707
01-11-2006, 03:42 PM
Yeah it will probably lower enough so that the front of your frame is on the ground, so yeah its not going to work. Buy the arms, then save the money until you can afford LT shocks and put it all on at once.

bwamos
01-11-2006, 03:44 PM
Just get standard travel arms. If you're shocks are revalved correctly they will work great. ;) I say revalved, because you will need them revalved (and possibly resprung), for the wider a-arms if you want to run at an optimal setting.

Chino886
01-11-2006, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by #8red
I' m looking to get some houser a-arms - they are longtravel - but my shocks are works trip rate standard travel - will they work together and it would just lower the bike down a few inches - would there be any probs with my susp.? I race mx and would prob. get some lt shocks eventually - but can't right now so just wonderin' if it would work - thanks guys!!!

The Laeger's are +2 ST....:D